Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Hi there is a problem with the contact form, if I change the template to other than JA Methys it works but with JA Methys it does not work. Can anyone help me?

himangi Friend

Hi,

I have raised a bugreport for the issue. You can check the status of ticket at http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JATCMETHYS-115

Luis Rodas Lorenzen Friend

Thanks Himangi
    How long will it take to fix this bug? I am just asking so I can decide if I want to use another template.

himangi Friend

Hi,

I will get back to you on this asap. Thanks for your patience.

himangi Friend

Hello,

The issue is solved. There are changes in 4 files. I have attached the files here. Please follow the folder path in zip file and update respective files in your template with these files and check if the contact form works.

Please note that these files are not yet updated in the template downloads section, it will be done soon.

1. templates.zip

Hi
    Thanks for the update, but it does not work.
    I get this error message:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function getLabel() on a non-object in /home/getartdk/public_html/allespizza.dk/templates/ja_methys/html/com_contact/contact/default_form.php on line 25

himangi Friend

Hi,

Can you please PM me your site url, admin access and ftp details?

George Pitaru Friend

Himangi, I have the same issue as the above user. I sent you a PM with my info. I appreciate your help. Thanks!

Hi
    I have just updated from 1.6.1 to 1.6.3 and now it works.

himangi Friend

Hi gpitaru,

Can you please upgrade to latest Joomla version? You have Joomla 1.6.1 currently.

George Pitaru Friend

I tried to update it through the Extenstion Manager. Now all my Joomla files are gone. I think I heard my heart split in half….all that work for nothing….

himangi Friend

Hi gpitaru

I checked your site, and it seems to be upgraded to Joomla 1.6.3. What do you mean by you lost all files?

George Pitaru Friend

Himangi,

I tried to upgrade to Joomla 1.6.3 from 1.6.1 using the admin back-end. All my files dissapeared from the server. I restored the files through the hosting admin pannel (godaddy), but somehow the site didn’t look right. I decided to erase everything and reinstall JA Methys fron scratch. The contact form is working now, except that if you look for ex in Blog, you’ll see Our Blog pink at the top. I don’t understand why under Contact I can’t see Contact pink or Blue. I can live with out that though. The whole thing brought me down. It’s all my fault though. Joomlart template has nothing to do with my mistake. Thank you so much for checking back.

himangi Friend

Hi,

It seems that you have upgraded using Joomla 1.6 inbuilt upgrader which is known to have the issue of making files disappear on upgrade. For future reference I will suggest you to use Akeeba Backup component to backup your site (files and database) and use Akeeba Admin Tools for Joomla Upgrades.

George Pitaru Friend

Thank you for the info. I’m laughing right now. I upgraded to Joomla 1.6.3 using the manual upgrade package. Just for fun I checked if there are other Joomla updates – using the Extension Manager – and it showed that I need to upgrade to Joomla 1.6.3, even though I HAVE Joomla 1.6.3 installed. I hit Update – as a result my site is down again. I’ll install JA Methys again and update Joomla using Akeeba Admin Tools. Oh, the humanity!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  himangi 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum