Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

We have been having problems with our contact component since we upgraded to Joomla 1.6 template. We our now upgraded to latest version of Joomla 1.7.1 and still no luck with being able to send email via the contact component. Here’s what we have done so far:

1. Made sure the t3 framework and all components are up-to-date (still problem)
    2. Uploaded a new installation of Joomla 1.7.1 (component worked)
    3. Installed Rave template on this new installation (component didn’t work)

After more testing we also get this:

Language string failed to load: invalid_address: You must provide at least one recipient email address. Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/chadwi6/public_html/components/com_contact/controllers/contact.php on line 115

We can change to another template and no issues with sending contact form emails.

What could be causing this? We need a fix quick!

Thanks!

1. contact-9-28-10-33-52
    Trimud Friend

Hi,

please read this post and the entire theme: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2505111#p2505111
    Hope this will help you.

Regards

abrill Friend

We have been to that thread multiple times. ‘farmeunit’ is the person I’m working with on this issue. We don’t have an issue with any templates other than JA_Rave. Not saying Joomla doesn’t have a core issue, but other templates work fine. We have tried the code changes and get two results:

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2627458#p2627458

When upgrading our current site we get the “language” error. We can fix that and will then get the “one recipient” error. If we install a FRESH Joomla 1.7.1 and the JAT3 Framework and switch to JA_Rave the “one recipient” error is there. We can change back to any of the the other templates and the error goes away and emails start working.

I can do a step by step process of our procedure if necessary, and the error that occur.

Trimud Friend

In this case it might be best to go to ja_rave template folder /html and delete com_contact or add the changes described in joomla.org forum there.

I have added Your issue to our JIRA bug tracking system, so our devs will also take a look.

Regards

abrill Friend

Just so I get this straight:

I can delete the RAVE com_contact and it will use the default Joomla com_contact
    OR
    I can add the changes to the RAVE com_contact/contact/default_form.php and it use it instead of the default Joomla com_contact

Is that correct?

Trimud Friend

Yes, correct.
    2nd option is best IMHO.

Regards

abrill Friend

Finally have a fix.

This…

<input type=”hidden” name=”id” value=”<?php echo
    $this->contact->id; ?>” />

needs to be added to template /html/com_contact/views/contact/tmpl/default_form.php line 41

and </fieldset> between </dl> and </form> near line 46.

Also overwrote components/com_contact with a default Joomla 1.7.1 components/com_contact file.

We started with the Rave quick start package 1.6 when the errors initially started.

Please see this thread for more details: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=624&t=620971&p=2637312#p2637312

techvenue Friend

Hello,

I can’t seem to get the contact area to recognize any new users.

I’m 1.7 and my paths were not the same, but tried following your directions via /templates/ja_rave/html/com_contact/contact/ and edited it.
    I’m able to send emails fine. It’s still the contact I choose that is not picked up. The quickstart contacts work, but when I pick a new one from the list, it gives me the red “Contact not found” message.

This is line ~36-48 now:

<?php } ?>
    <dt></dt>
    <dd><button class=”button validate” type=”submit”><?php echo JText::_(‘COM_CONTACT_CONTACT_SEND’); ?></button>
    <input type=”hidden” name=”option” value=”com_contact” />
    <input type=”hidden” name=”task” value=”contact.submit” />
    <input type=”hidden” name=”return” value=”<?php echo $this->return_page;?>” />
    <input type=”hidden” name=”id” value=”<?php echo $this->contact->id; ?>” />
    <?php echo JHtml::_( ‘form.token’ ); ?>
    </dd>
    </dl>
    </fieldset>
    </form>
    </div>

Any advice?

drc3 Friend

I just renamed the JaRave com_contact folder. Set up a custom html redirect in the Joomla admin contact data area. As far as my site goes using Joomla 1.7.3 upgraded from 1.6 at some point to 1.7.1 and then 1.7.3 recently – it looks like it works just fine…
    ~D

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  drc3 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum