Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I see other posts here, but none in the JaUniveristy area. I’d hate to start taking advice from other posts and applying it, because I’m nervous I’d mess it up.

Anyway, the drop down menus in the Jomsocial area aren’t working. They don’t show up. I believe I need to change something with the “Overflow”. Anyone?

Thanks!

phong nam Friend

Hi earthson,

Would you mind making a snapshot of where the drop down menu should be displayed ?
    Did you configure the right position for it ?

Regards,

Leo

earthson Friend

Hey Leo,

I used a quickstart install for the template, and then installed Jomsocial after the fact. Here is the image:

1. menu
    phong nam Friend

Hi earthson,

Thank your for your snapshot. Not a conflict, but there is some issue of loading language files .ini on your site. I need to check out these on server, in order to know whether or not it cause the Jomsocial dropdown doesn’t work. Pls send me a PM with your ftp info.
    You can see my snapshot for details.

Regards,

Leo

1. 3-21-2013-5-50-57-PM
    phong nam Friend

Hi earthson,

At the end, the issue was found by a css mistake of Jomsocial component on our template. I did fixed it on your site, now the dropdown menu works well. Here is my guide:
    On your server, open <blockquote>components/com_community/templates/default/css/style.css</blockquote> . Then replace line:

#community-wrap .cToolBar>li{float:left;display:inline-block;position:relative;}

with line

#community-wrap .cToolBar>li{float:left;display:block;position:relative;overflow: visible;}

Regards,

Leo

earthson Friend

Thank you Leo! It works! You really went above and beyond to help me out 🙂

earthson Friend

Another question. I just updated Jomsocial, and the menus don’t work again. I manually went back in and fixed the problem. But, I should be able to just do an override for this instead, right? I attempted to follow the procedure I’ve used for other files, but it isn’t working – I have to actually change the original file.

I tried to put the corrected version of style.css here: /templates/mytemplate/html/com_community/style.css

Is that not right?

phong nam Friend

Hi earthson,

<blockquote>I should be able to just do an override for this instead, right?</blockquote>
    We will recommend you to override the Jomsocial component if you are quitely good at HTML & CSS.
    Anyways, You can compare your process with our below tutorial to correct your issue:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/understanding-template-overrides-in-joomla/

tomasmac Friend

Hi Leo, have the same issue, but I cannot find the line you mentioned in the style.css:
    #community-wrap .cToolBar>li{float:left;display:inline-block;position:relative;}

Using JA_University 1.0.5

Thank you,

Tomas

phong nam Friend

Hi Tomas,

You can add below codes into the end of templates/ja_university/css/template.css file:

#community-wrap .cToolBar > li
    {
    display:inline-block !important;
    overflow: visible !important;
    }

Then clear JAT3 cache.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum