Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Before i sign up i would like to know if the following complementary extensions :
    JA Tabs
    JA Slideshow II
    JA Typo Plugin
    JA PopUp plugin
    are included in the JA RAVE template.[/B] in other word if i sign for the following :
    JATC Standard Membership 1 Year for $70.00 all the stuff mentioned above is included?
    or they are considered as Limited extensions download.
    You can download extensions inluded in templates only.
    Thanks and regards for your quick answer.
    jga159.

Phill Moderator

I feel the wording is a little poor here. In some parts of the world Complimentary means free but in this instance complimentary means extensions that compliment then template.

JA Tabs, JA Extensions Manager, JA Slideshow II, JA Popup, and JA Twitter are all currently included in the download package, some other extensions are available included in other packages. JA Typo is available to JAEC or Developer members.

All the typography available in the demo can still be used however, it is all in the package.

steinar Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 214367 wrote:</em><blockquote>I feel the wording is a little poor here.</blockquote>

To quote the dictionary:

Complement and compliment (and the related words complementary and complimentary) are frequently confused. Although pronounced alike, they have quite different meanings. As a verb, complement means ‘add to (something) in a way that completes, enhances, or improves,’ as in : Janet’s new necklace complemented her pearl earrings nicely.
    😉

Phill Moderator

<em>@steinar 214412 wrote:</em><blockquote>To quote the dictionary:

Complement and compliment (and the related words complementary and complimentary) are frequently confused. Although pronounced alike, they have quite different meanings. As a verb, complement means ‘add to (something) in a way that completes, enhances, or improves,’ as in : Janet’s new necklace complemented her pearl earrings nicely.
    ;)</blockquote>

Hence my comment on poor choice of wording (being British we are supposed to know these things). Take a look at the demo of Events for instance and you will see “Complimentary Extensions” in the menu at the top. In other advertising “Complementary” has been used”

jga159 Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 214431 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hence my comment on poor choice of wording (being British we are supposed to know these things). Take a look at the demo of Events for instance and you will see “Complimentary Extensions” in the menu at the top. In other advertising “Complementary” has been used”</blockquote>

Thanks phill, you are right should be “Complementary Extensions”, indeed what initially i need to know is whether those “extensions” are included in the standard templates (JA RAVE) or if i have to pay for them as with JAEC.
    it seems from the whole discussion is that i dont have to pay for!!

Regards.

jga159 Friend

<em>@jga159 214522 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks phill, you are right should be “Complementary Extensions”, indeed what initially i need to know is whether those “extensions” are included in the standard templates (JA RAVE) or if i have to pay for them as with JAEC.
    it seems from the whole discussion is that i dont have to pay for!!

Regards.</blockquote>

Hi all,

To day i have sign up as JATC member and i dowload JA Rave.
    in fact i was wrong i could not upload neither JA Typo Plugin (as stated by Phil) nor JA Comment Component, on the contrary of what is stated in the introduction page of JA RAVE.
    It comes with style support for K2 and JA Comment Component. Rich Typography, 9 layout options and 4 colors is what JA Rave has for you. http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/templates
    Now they ask to sign for JAEC extension club!!!
    THis is not correct!!
    thanks and regards for your answers.:((
    thanks and regards.
    jga159

Phill Moderator

<em>@phill luckhurst 214367 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    JA Tabs, JA Extensions Manager, JA Slideshow II, JA Popup, and JA Twitter are all currently included in the download package, some other extensions are available included in other packages. JA Typo is available to JAEC or Developer members.

All the typography available in the demo can still be used however, it is all in the package.</blockquote>

In other words you can use the typography but the plugin is not included, that is exactly what I have written. All the plugin does is make an easy way for you to insert some of the typography. However, the typography in Rave is still there and you can simply add it as you require. If you need any help there I will gladly provide it.

As for the JA Comment component, take a look in the JA Events package and you will be happy.

Welcome to the JA forums.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum