Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I just don’t get it on JA Tabs. I have both the module and the plugin on a teline iv 1.5 installation. As you can see at http://archetypeinaction.com, I was able to get the tabs up with “Featured Authors,” but I have been working all day and I cannot see the steps to link those tabs up with any data. I have watched the video about the 1.6 installation numerous times, and read through the demo site information, but that is not telling me how to connect up the “article” in which the information has to be placed with the JA Tabs module.

1. What are the steps please? One by one would be good.

Note, since I tried a 1.6 installation with a total catastrophe over the last 10 days, I am planning to stick to 1.5 until the long term version 1.8 comes out, unless there is some compelling reason why I must upgrade. If so, I’d really like the steps for how to do that without crashing all of my work yet again. I am not inclined to go into 1.6 again because of the security notice to switch to 1.7, and the fact that my 1.6 installation was hacked.

Thanks for your help so far! I know this is something very basic that I am not getting, but I’ve worked all day at it with no success.

Best regards, Skip Conover

dlconover Friend

Is there anyone out there who can tell me how to connect up JA Tabs Module with data? This is in Joomla 1.5. Using the JA Tabs Module I can get tabs to show in one place, but they aren’t connected to anything. I followed all of the information about how to create an article, with data in them to show tabs in different ways. The documentation seems pretty good on that. BUT, what I haven’t found in a way I can understand is how you connect a menu to a tab, as Joomlart has done at the top of this page, so a viewer can mouseover and see the menu. Please help. :((

Sherlock Friend

<em>@dlconover 255154 wrote:</em><blockquote>Is there anyone out there who can tell me how to connect up JA Tabs Module with data? This is in Joomla 1.5. Using the JA Tabs Module I can get tabs to show in one place, but they aren’t connected to anything. I followed all of the information about how to create an article, with data in them to show tabs in different ways. The documentation seems pretty good on that. BUT, what I haven’t found in a way I can understand is how you connect a menu to a tab, as Joomlart has done at the top of this page, so a viewer can mouseover and see the menu. Please help. :((</blockquote>

hi dlconover,

When you click on a tab title it switches between tab contents.

As i understand, what you wanted is adding links to the tab titles, right ?

dlconover Friend

I am trying to add the data that should appear when you “mouseover” or click on a tab.

dlconover Friend

I want data to come up, as it does when you mouseover at the top of this very page on your site.

Sherlock Friend

Hi dlconover,

It is better if you can attach a screenshot that describes your ideal, that helps me have a closer look on the issue.

fguyon Friend

Hi,
    If I understand you question.. Here is how I use it .
    You have a module JA-TABS published in a position col-mass-top for example)
    In the settings of this module, on the right side, you select the (module) position which will be displayed as tabs !! ((ja-tabs1 for example)
    Then all the modules you will set to be displayed in ja-tabs1 position will appear in your JA-TAB module shown in col-mass-top (ideally, hide JA-TABS module title and show the modules set to ja-tabs1 position titles as that each tab will have its title displayed)
    Is that what you wanted to know and does it help ??
    Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fguyon 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum