Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Addendum to my last msg (sorry if I split, but I always try to investigate one step further further to help my saviors in their mission and to help them to identify the root cause ๐Ÿ™‚

Hum, I am not so sure we are at the end of the story yet.

I have just tested the above solution (deleting unnecessary LESS subfolders to speed up process), but on the other site I am developing, sometimes I get a success after Compiling, sometimes the same failure !

Even more weird :
    – after my last “failure”, I had 12 css files in my newly created CSS folder
    – after my last “success”, I had only 11 css files in my newly created CSS folder (in that case, I had the bootstrap.css file, butthe bootstrap-responsive.css was missing)

And I still don’t get any of the minified *.min.css files. I have even tried Compiling
    – while Development mode ON
    – while Development mode OFF, with Optimized css ON
    (by the way, can you Compile whatever Development is ON/OFF, or should you first enable/disable Development Mode ?)

Txs in advance for helping !

phong nam Friend

Hi woluweb,

Thank you for your detailed descriptions. I know that you really are interested in Compile LSS feature on our T3 framework. So, here is my detailed answer:
    <blockquote>1. generally speaking, what is the cause of the problem on the server side : max_execution_time or some other variable ? (less urgent question given the temporary solution given above)</blockquote>
    Lets try to set max_execution_time to 60 & compile less again. And did you change/ add any parameters on our .less files ? It is easier for me to compare your modified .less files with our original files.

<blockquote>2. I still don’t get the *min.css files (the minified version). So what should be done to generate these *min.css files ? (still very important and urgent question :-)</blockquote>
    The .min.css files won’t be automatically generated by compiling less to css files, you need to use a js/css compression tool to get these files. And these files will be used when you enable Optimize CSS in Template Styles as mentioned in our T3 document.

woluweb Friend

Hi Leo

<em>@Leo Burnetts 378759 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Lets try to set max_execution_time to 60 & compile less again. And did you change/ add any parameters on our .less files ? It is easier for me to compare your modified .less files with our original files.
    </blockquote>

My max_execution_time was already set on 120. So I guess reducing it would not improve the situation, would it ?
    For the rest, I did not create parameters for ThemeMagic.
    But of course I adapted template.less & variables.less in my Theme folder, namely /www/templates/ja_mero/less/themes/lesswoluweb
    Extplorer is installed on the website (and you had ftp access as well I think). So you can always have a look to see if there is something too particular in my LESS file (there accents obviously, as I comment in French with รฉ รจ ร  etc, but besides this I don’t think of anything special).

<em>@Leo Burnetts 378759 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    The .min.css files won’t be automatically generated by compiling less to css files, you need to use a js/css compression tool to get these files. And these files will be used when you enable Optimize CSS in Template Styles as mentioned in our T3 document.</blockquote>

Oh ohhh !
    I had never understood from the documentation that the user had to create himself the min.css files before enabling “Optimize CSS” !!!
    Is this what you mean ?
    If so, an explicit mention to that in the tooltip of button “Optimize CSS” in the Template Manager would help everybody ๐Ÿ™‚

Looking forward to hearing from you:-)

Marc

phong nam Friend

Hi woluweb,

Can you help me to compile less to css on your website again ? Then lets me know your result.
    I could no longer access back-end with your given admin login anymore.

<blockquote>If so, an explicit mention to that in the tooltip of button “Optimize CSS” in the Template Manager would help everybody :-)</blockquote>
    Good idea. I will discuss with our T3 developer to update this info in the tooltip of Optimize CSS button or on T3 document.

woluweb Friend

My excuses, Leo : I was importing hundreds of users & therefore your account was forgotten !
    I have just reactivated it !
    So please do ๐Ÿ™‚

Regarding the min.css files, txs for having passed the word to the T3 Developers.

It is indeed not clear at all that the min files are not automatically compiled.
    Indeed, see for example : http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/templates/ja-beranis
    When reading the following text one would think it is fully integrated…
    <blockquote>8. Optimize CSS
    Handling a complex site with numerous extensions, the number of CSS file can sometimes be a PITA for you. This unique feature allows you to join and optimize CSS while reducing the number of CSS files.</blockquote>

Marc

woluweb Friend

Hi Leo,

By the way, I have just discovered there is also a discussion on this topic here :
    http://t3-framework.org/discussions/unexpected-error-please-refresh-the-page-try-again-later.html

Unfortunately, only the problem, not the solution yet ๐Ÿ™‚

Marc

PS : for the possibility to minify directly from T3, why is there such a file plugins/system/t3/includes/core/minify.php if it has to be done manually from the external website you mentioned ?

phong nam Friend

Hi Marc,

On the compiling LESS issue, can you try to follow our T3 developer’s guide in http://t3-framework.org/discussions/unexpected-error-please-refresh-the-page-try-again-later.html ?

<blockquote>for the possibility to minify directly from T3, why is there such a file plugins/system/t3/includes/core/minify.php if it has to be done manually from the external website you mentioned ?</blockquote>
    As I mentioned in previous reply, the .min.css files won’t generated by compiling less to css, they are the different execition process. In fact, our T3 framwork does include a css compressor to minify the css files which can be found in pluginssystemt3includesminifycsscompressor.php. But, the compress feature still needs to improve in next update of our T3 system plugin, since somtimes the .min.css files won’t be generated extremely correct.

woluweb Friend

Hi Leo,
    Txs for helping.

<em>@Leo Burnetts 379749 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Marc,

On the compiling LESS issue, can you try to follow our T3 developer’s guide in http://t3-framework.org/discussions/unexpected-error-please-refresh-the-page-try-again-later.html ?
    </blockquote>

Fine, I also follow that thread from now on ! ๐Ÿ™‚

<em>@Leo Burnetts 379749 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    As I mentioned in previous reply, the .min.css files won’t generated by compiling less to css, they are the different execition process. In fact, our T3 framwork does include a css compressor to minify the css files which can be found in pluginssystemt3includesminifycsscompressor.php. But, the compress feature still needs to improve in next update of our T3 system plugin, since somtimes the .min.css files won’t be generated extremely correct.</blockquote>

OK, I have indeed understood from your previous posts that the min.css files have *nothing* to do with the “Compile LESS to CSS” button…

Let me then rephrase the question ๐Ÿ™‚
    How can I get the CSS files automatically minified within T3-Framework, without using a manual solution with some external tool or website ?

Txs,

Marc

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi Marc,

Sorry for misunderstand.
    T3 Minify function support CSS only for now.
    It will collect all css file in the page and put them to a single (or more based on some condition) file.

All you need are:
    1. Compile LESS to CSS to make sure you have the latest CSS from LESS files.
    2. Turn off Development Mode to let the framework use CSS files instead of LESS => a requirement for Live site
    3. Turn of Enable Compress CSS => It will do the Minify function above.

You do not need 3rd tool to do it.

Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Wall Crasher 10 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum