Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello !

I would like to buy JABoard component but I’m a little worried about the release of Joomla 1.6…

Will this component be “transferable” or “compatible” ?

Thanks a lot !

Anonymous Moderator

Hi,

We are in testing progress for this matter and will have some appropriate adjustments if needed.

You will be informed once we have more info on this.

kncarlsen Friend

Is there any new updates on this question?

Thanks!

itsnexgen Friend

<em>@JA Developer 196320 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

We are in testing progress for this matter and will have some appropriate adjustments if needed.

You will be informed once we have more info on this.</blockquote>

I was told that before end of August 2011 new updated version of JobBoard will be released. Any updates atleast now? Or again you are trying to give same “testing” as answer from last year?!!

TomC Moderator

<em>@itsnexgen 263350 wrote:</em><blockquote>I was told that before end of August 2011 new updated version of JobBoard will be released. Any updates atleast now? Or again you are trying to give same “testing” as answer from last year?!!</blockquote>
    Appreciate your comment . . . but YES, our JA Development Team has been working on this and continues to TEST to make sure that JA Job Board for J1.7 functions as it should and without issue.

Or would you rather have a “speedy release” loaded with bugs?

😎

itsnexgen Friend

<em>@TomC 268127 wrote:</em><blockquote>Appreciate your comment . . . but YES, our JA Development Team has been working on this and continues to TEST to make sure that JA Job Board for J1.7 functions as it should and without issue.

Or would you rather have a “speedy release” loaded with bugs?

:cool:</blockquote>

you should understand the importance of customer base. We are waiting for release since over 6-7 months now. Any product just postponing release means its not worked upon properly. I myself being a software engineer, i know how software development works. A speedy release doesnt mean it will have bugs. J16 gone.. J1.7 about to go soon.. still nothing heard upon timeline of JobBoard release. I strongly feel you have lack of resource and instead of focusing on Joomla.. you are diverting lot of topics like drupal etc Whats JoomlART name for?

I was a very big fan of JA few years back.. but not now to be frank.. instead of going for future. Do you think you need almost 20days to reply to a thread? That means you are not able to cope up with Customer Requirements.

-Kino

TomC Moderator

<em>@itsnexgen 268165 wrote:</em><blockquote>you should understand the importance of customer base. We are waiting for release since over 6-7 months now. [/quote]
    Well … seeing as how J1.6 was never intended to be a LTS release and, in fact, is no longer supported by Joomla … and seeing as how J1.7 was released in late July 2011 … it would seem that a “6-7 month” wait is not really all that strongly substantiated.

<em>@itsnexgen 268165 wrote:</em><blockquote>Any product just postponing release means its not worked upon properly. I myself being a software engineer, i know how software development works. A speedy release doesnt mean it will have bugs. J16 gone.. J1.7 about to go soon.. still nothing heard upon timeline of JobBoard release[/quote]
    Let’s examine that last statement . . . . “J16 gone.. J1.7 about to go soon” . . . .

You are absolutely correct, J1.6 is, for all intents and purposes, gone and no longer supported by Joomla. Using similar logic as your statement above, if J1.7 will be gone soon, does it make much logical and/or practical sense to expend the time, effort and resources toward updating something as complex a component as JobBoard for a platform that is “about to go soon?” – especially in light of the assumable fact that most (most likely including yourself) will be anxious to upgrade to the next LTS release – J2.5 – come Jan 2012?

Regardless of how futile such an endeavor may seem, logically and/or practically . . . as stated previously above, our JA Developers are, in fact, working on the J1.7 compatibility update for JA JobBoard as we speak. Along with the other duties they are tasked with, the re-coding and testing involved is not an overnight process – and it seems much more prudent and practical to assure of as clean, functional and bug-free an updated release as possible, rather than to haphazardly rush it through.

In the meantime, the J1.5 JobBoard is readily available and absolutely functional for J1.5 based sites. 🙂

<em>@itsnexgen 268165 wrote:</em><blockquote>. I strongly feel you have lack of resource and instead of focusing on Joomla.. you are diverting lot of topics like drupal etc Whats JoomlART name for?[/quote]
    Interesting comment . . . Can you tell me the date of the last Drupal club template release?

<em>@itsnexgen 268165 wrote:</em><blockquote>I was a very big fan of JA few years back.. but not now to be frank.. instead of going for future. Do you think you need almost 20days to reply to a thread? That means you are not able to cope up with Customer Requirements.
    -Kino</blockquote>
    Appreciate your subjective opinion, Kino. However, as there is a fully functional and J1.5 compatible edition of JA JobBoard readily available for use . . . and as the subject matter of this particular thread involves neither addressing a technical bug/deficiency with JA Job Board, nor an issue of how to use JA JobBoard, nor identifies substantiated-via-documentation “requirement” of/for JoomlArt to undertake the task of updating JA JobBoard for J1.7 – even though that is exactly what we are doing – I take respectful difference to your assertion as to our JA Staff’s ability to “cope” with Customer Requirements.

Last I checked, JA has continued to release it’s Joomla templates every month …. as well as our Magento Themes …. and we have been hard at work toward updating as many of our Joomla Club Templates as possible for J1.7 as quickly and efficiently as we can.

Quite frankly …. this issue is much more an issue of personal/subjective patience than it is of ability to cope with Customer Requirements.

Hope all is well with you.

😎

n6rej Friend

small update.. 1.7.1 will be releasing in a while and will be based on the 11.2 platform so further adjustments may need to be made.

TomC Moderator

<em>@n6rej 268338 wrote:</em><blockquote>small update.. 1.7.1 will be releasing in a while and will be based on the 11.2 platform so further adjustments may need to be made.</blockquote>
    You mean further adjustments (and testing) to assure that the latest release will function properly for our members, right?

Seems pretty practical and responsible to me.

😎

n6rej Friend

you got it toyota:p

itsnexgen Friend

<em>@TomC 268337 wrote:</em><blockquote>Well … seeing as how J1.6 was never intended to be a LTS release and, in fact, is no longer supported by Joomla … and seeing as how J1.7 was released in late July 2011 … it would seem that a “6-7 month” wait is not really all that strongly substantiated.</blockquote>

If you have access, please check out my tickets. The responses kept me waiting for new release. In every ticket i have just got response that new version will be launched soon and also in another ticket it was told “1.7 version will be release not later than August”. What i would really appreciate is exact roadmap for a product so as to understand its delivery. One or two month delay always expected.. but atleast this should be communicated properly.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  itsnexgen 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum