Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi,

There are interesting features on this new template, for sure.
    But still, is the template really sufficiently “universal” in the sense of “compatible with the vast majority of devices”.

I have just tested the template on two different iPads.
    Conclusion :

• the video on the top of the homepage does not play (quite luckily the background image is still there)
    • the parallax effect on the Onepage positions does not work.

With other words, we have a modern & responsive template… which does not really work on iPads & iPhones. Still I am afraid that these devices represent a huge proportion of tablets & smartphones.

So, my question is :
    Isn’t there a fallback solution for iOS (with html5 instead of Flash for playing the video for example. Just an idea…).
    Or at least, is some fallback in the making ?

Txs Joomlart for sharing your ideas/views on this.

Marc

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi Marc,

The video will not able to autoplay on Iphone and Ipad.
    This is a know issue. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12496144/can-you-autoplay-html5-videos-on-the-ipad

Though, it will play when you try to tap on screen. Have you got it to play on ipad?

For parallax effect it is also limited on mobile devices.

Regards

woluweb Friend

Hi Wall Crasher,

Txs for clarifying šŸ™‚
    I will test it again next time I have the opportunity (I personally use an Android tablet, not an iOs šŸ™‚

I have also experienced that the top menu would disappear when scrolling down and appear only when scrolling up.
    While this is probably a functionnality and not a bug, is there some simple way to have the main menu “sticked” on top of the screen ?

Txs,

Marc

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi Marc,

You can make the menu stick on top of screen by changing simple javascript code
    in templatesja_appoliojsjquery.affixtopmenu.js

Just replace:

if(pos < firstPos && firstPos > offsettop + outerHeight){
    to

if(pos > offsettop){

and

} else if(pos > firstPos || pos < offsettop) {
    to

} else {

Hope it helps,

Regards

fmfame Friend

what is this for an answer????????????????

in css are much settings for the affix and you as a joomlart developer give an answer like this?
    Only to change js file and you think thats it?
    Sorry but that is not a competent solution, that is a solution which i also can and i am really bad in jquery language.. But what is with persons which have the claim that they have a optimal code which havent any bugs and which wont have css lines for nothing????

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@woluweb 401161 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Wall Crasher,

I have also experienced that the top menu would disappear when scrolling down and appear only when scrolling up.
    While this is probably a functionality and not a bug, is there some simple way to have the main menu “sticked” on top of the screen ?
    </blockquote>

<em>@fmfame 402000 wrote:</em><blockquote>what is this for an answer????????????????

in css are much settings for the affix and you as a joomlart developer give an answer like this?
    Only to change js file and you think thats it?
    Sorry but that is not a competent solution, that is a solution which i also can and i am really bad in jquery language.. But what is with persons which have the claim that they have a optimal code which havent any bugs and which wont have css lines for nothing????</blockquote>

Hi fmfame,

The template JA Appolio was developed with that menu behavior as a feature. Any change from core feature will require code modification. I can understand that you are upset as you may not be liking that feature but the solution has been provided by the staff above.
    Withdrawing a feature is a tricky thing post release of product. Yes, to upgrade and add feature is something that can be considered if there are request for it.

Regards

Arvind

karca Friend

Thank you very much for your solution – IĀ“ve tried it on JA Appolio 1.1.1 – but in the file “templatesja_appoliojsjquery.affixtopmenu.js” I didnĀ“t find any codes listed above (of course those for replacing) šŸ™ I know itĀ“s 1 year and 4 months old answer and maybe a lot of things changed, but please, can you help me what can I change and where to have fixed menu on the top of the page?
    Thank you very much!

Saguaros Moderator

You can backup this JS file on your site and replace with this attached one.

karca Friend

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
    It works and itĀ“s perfect šŸ˜€

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  karca 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum