Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

http://www.joomlapolis.com

CB 1.2 Stable Public Release!
    Community Builder – Announcements
    Written by Nick A.
    Tuesday, 27 January 2009

The CB Team is proud to announce the public release of CB 1.2 stable. CB 1.2 stable suite can be installed and works on Joomla 1.0.X, Joomla 1.5.X (natively) and Mambo 4.5.0-4.6.5 CMS systems.

This “free as in beer” GPL suite remains the most popular Joomla extension with hundreds of free and commercial extensions available (165 CB extensions are listed in the Joomla Extensions Directory) that further extend its already powerful functionality taking advantage of its powerfule API. If you like the new speedy (jquery powered) and feature-rich CB 1.2 stable release, please take a moment and give us a review on the JED.

CB 1.2 stable has addressed all known issues identified since the public release of CB 1.2 RC4 and is ready to be given the CB Team stable label. CB 1.2 now includes even more profile templating possibilities, so professional template designers-developers can use their php/css skills to produce CB template plugins.

You can download CB 1.2 stable here and to get you started a free extract of the detailed documentation can be downloaded here.

The CB Team would like to thank the test team, the forum moderators, that translators and the documentation subscribers for their support during this long process.

In order to make our forums easier to follow, we have made all CB 1.2 RC discussion areas read only.

Discuss this article on the forums.

Last Updated ( Tuesday, 27 January 2009 )

———————————————————————-

Community Builder is part of the JA Sanidine I and II Templates. Any user may feel free to educate themselves how to update the past included version of this component in their systems. Maybe it can also be arranged to update the current JA Quickstarts with the new stable version of Community Builder 1.2.

Thanks for your attention, much success with your CB Projects!

SP Media Friend

I’ve been tempted to use this, but it always seemed in beta/rc.

Time to get my hands dirty!

mihirc Friend

Arghh….

I was just about to post that…

Anyways, I would like to know what people feel about Cb vs Jomsocial :

Regards,
    Mihir C.

SP Media Friend

Does this work with JFusion?

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@spmedia 108719 wrote:</em><blockquote>Does this work with JFusion?</blockquote>

In what context. Do you mean to use JFusion with Magento and to integrate CB1.2?:D

SP Media Friend

Well to unify CBuilder, vBulletin and Magento with Joomla.

wooohanetworks Friend

That is why I added the smily…Big goals by now, but no bad ideas;) I think to ask this question in their forum, link above, will make the best effort. I do not know if vBulletin works with CB, if Magento with CB or vBulletin with Magento. The Joomlapolis.com homepage uses CB, what else, in conjunction with Joomlaboard Forum 1.1.3. as you can see the footer there.

Ask there, I guess no one here will know for sure…;)

SP Media Friend

I’m trailing it out on my test server. Will let you know how it all goes.

wooohanetworks Friend

I just uninstalled the old RC4 and installed the new one, all works fine in it’s basics. Most of the configs were also taken over and from my side no problems like some mentioned in the CB Support Forum. Yet, as this is still not a live site, I will update the Joomla itself to 1.5.9 as the last step maybe, probably they realease an official 1.5.9.1 the next days, who knows, so I can’t say something about the issues mentioned about problems when using 1.5.9 and installing the new CB as brought up by some users in the CB Forum.

SP Media Friend

I don’t understand what you’re trying to portray or its relevance. :S

wooohanetworks Friend

The current problematics with the new release and Joomla 1.5.9 reported by users since yesterday in the forums and all the other issues when using the RC4 and now the new one.

Go to the forums at http://www.joomlapolis.com and you will understand it’s relevance with ease.:)

Thansk!

andreiy Friend

This component is great 😎

cgc0202 Friend

The latest version of CB1.2 stable works fine with the latest Joomla 1.5.9. I have installed it in quite a few sites, with no problem at all. Of course, for now, I only focus on the registration, login and captcha (it uses the same captcha as that used for CB1.2 RC4)

I had problems before with the captcha with respect to CB1.2 RC4, but according to the forum in CB, this may have something to do with the server versions of the PHP. My server provider had upgraded the PHP, MySQL, as well as Ruby on Rails, recently. And, I did not have any problems with installing and using the captcha or the CB1.2, so far.

If there are experts here in using the CB, as a “community software”, I would be interested to share more information, with respect to related programs out there.

My main reservation with CB, as a third party developer before was that it took them forever to come up with the stable version, that is designated as “stable”. If CB1.2 stable release is used to measure this, it took about a year since Joomla 1.5.x was released.

However, I do not think there will be any radical change in Joomla 1.5.x soon, except for some security and minor modifications.

I bought a number of extensions before, and in theory they would be good additions. I was quite disappointed with the technical support though, and the speed of upgrade. Thus, no matter how good the features of other comparable community builder softwares, as much attention must be considered when choosing one.

Cornelio

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum