Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

When installing JA Brite quickstart or JA NewsLight module, you may get an error like Undefine function … or other errors at first run. It’s cause by PHP module called GD2 is not enable yet. You have 2 options to fix this issue:
    1. Contact your host provider to enable GD2 module for you.
    2. If you can access your php.ini file, you can enable it your self by searching for this line:

extension=php_gd2.dll

If the line you find looks like this: ;extension=php_gd2.dll, please remove the ;
    If you can not find that line, please try to add that line in to your php.ini file. Othewise, please follow option 1.

instantinlaw Friend

Another good tip. Thanks.

Menalto Friend

This means not all users can use the template and mods??

brendax Friend

yep if you haven’t got gd2 you can’t use the image functions

should have offered image magick option too

Menalto Friend

I guess they guys need to go back to the drawing board;)

ShannonN Friend

kashxo;39107When installing JA Brite quickstart or JA NewsLight module, you may get an error like Undefine function … or other errors at first run. It’s cause by PHP module called GD2 is not enable yet. You have 2 options to fix this issue:
    1. Contact your host provider to enable GD2 module for you.
    2. If you can access your php.ini file, you can enable it your self by searching for this line:

extension=php_gd2.dll
    If the line you find looks like this: ;extension=php_gd2.dll, please remove the ;
    If you can not find that line, please try to add that line in to your php.ini file. Othewise, please follow option 1.

Should the end user really have to edit files to get a template to work? if you are aware the gd2 is a major issue you should not design a template module etc that has to use gd2?

Menalto Friend

I agree ShannoN, the way this one turned out takes simplicity away from it all. This is not good.

davib Friend

whilst I find myself often agreeing with Shannon, in this case it should be known that GD2 is pretty standard and I doubt there would be too many poeple who find they cannot use the template. I dont know wnay hosts who dont have this enabled ( this doesnt mean there isnt some)

Of course if you develop locally using wamp or other similar packages than all you need to do is edit the php.ini file to enable it if it isnt enabled by deafult

darylba Friend

GD2 is very popular now a days. Some hosts give a choice or three graphic handlers ready to go. You are going to need GD2 for many components for Joomla now and not likely a template. GD2 is something to look for when looking for hosting for Joomla, it is a basic requirement if you plan on using third party extensions that handle graphics.

The moderator (kashxo) was trying to help people understand what ‘ they ‘ need to have in order to run a particular extension. I personally do not see this as an issue with the JA templates. Quickstarts have components built into them so you will need some basics to run them, like GD2.

elytere Friend

Hi,

My hosting is siteground and they say they support GD2.
    The problem is that I don´t know how to enable it.
    It is imposible to contact the thecnical staff to ask them to activated it and is not posible to find the global php.ini.
    They say you can place a local php.ini files and the setting will aply in that directory.
    ¿where should I place it?
    I try to use JA Newslight with Barite. I am using Joomla 1.5

here is an explanation from siteground but I am not clear about what to do.

http://kb.siteground.com/article/How_to_change_the_value_of_a_PHP_setting.html

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  elytere 15 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum