Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

The comment box is is displaying for some article and not on others. The Plugin has bee set to all articles so I don’t know why some and not others. The AddThis sharing is displaying correctly for all articles.

http://californiastandup.com

Help please.

californiasup Friend

Hate to bump…but no replies.

thuanlq Friend

Hi Californiasup,

I checked your site, the problem was due conflict js between jacomment and simple gallery plugin. To resolve this problem, please disable an version of jquery of jacomment or the simple gallery plugin.
    – disable jquery of jacomment: open file “jacomment.php” in the folder “pluginscontentjacomment”, then remove this line code:

JHTML::script(JURI::root().'components/com_jacomment/asset/js/jquery-1.4.2.js');

californiasup Friend

Thanks. I removed the JQuery code in JA_Comments, but still no Comment box. Here’s one page http://californiastandup.com/index.php/sup-life/life-style/photos/506-ty-bergman-venice-beach-photo

Can you explain what disabling the JQuery in JA_Comments does? Do I loose some functionality?

thuanlq Friend

Hi Californiasup,

That’s problem is caused by there is conflict between 2 versions of jQuery. Here is the solution:

– Copy this js file “/plugins/content/jw_simpleImageGallery/jw_simpleImageGallery/includes/jquery/jquery-1.4.4.min.js” into the folder “components/com_jacomment/asset/js/”.
    – Then open the file “jacomment.php” in the folder “pluginscontentjacomment”, then replace this line code:

JHTML::script(JURI::root().'components/com_jacomment/asset/js/jquery-1.4.2.js');

to

JHTML::script(JURI::root().'components/com_jacomment/asset/js/jquery-1.4.4.min.js');

– Then clean caching of your site.
    – If it still show js errors, please remove line code which require “jquery-1.4.4.min.js” file of “jw_simpleImageGallery” plugin.

Regard!

californiasup Friend

I tried what you suggested, but still no Comment box on articles that are using Simple Image Gallery.

I did not do the edit
    <blockquote>If it still show js errors, please remove line code which require “jquery-1.4.4.min.js” file of “jw_simpleImageGallery” plugin.</blockquote>

I’m not really sure what file I should be editing and I’m concern about removing stuff from other plugins just to get JA Comments to work. I don’t have enough experience to be comfortable arbitrarily removing code.

Is this conflict something that will be address with a later update? Can you suggest an alternative gallery that will be compatible with JA Comments?

So far, almost 100% of the Joomlart 1.6 extensions/plugins are not working without some sort of hacking to the code. It has me concerned.

californiasup Friend

It looks like you guys fixed things up for me.:confused: The comment box is now appearing on all pages. Thanks….next time send me a message so I can thank you sooner. I didn’t know it was working until I visted the site today.

jamale Friend

I am using the simple image gallery and having the same issues as well. Some sort of help would be appreciated as to what was done to correct this.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jamale 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum