Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

First, I would like to say that I absolutely love this template. Its what I have been seeking for a while.

I have just installed this template and was setting everything up. After I installed CometChat I noticed that it was showing up behind the main body. I can see it show up in the footer, but it isn’t correct. I have tried adding the CometChat code to the header and footer, neither seems to overcome what I think is an z-index issue (don’t quote me on the z-index). Any help would be great! Thanks for the time! 😀

I should add that I am using firefox 3.6.8 and I have tired looking at it with IE8 and don’t see the chat bar at all. Opera 10.61 seems to be showing the same as firefox.

An example of this can be seen at http://www.nuvul.com

Manos Moderator

Find in cometchat css files the z-index and change it’s value to something biger

kmonty1978 Friend

Yes, that was my first thought. I first changed z-index to 100000 then to 1000000 within the css files, this was done to all the z-index vaules for cometchat in both the.css and rtl.css. I have tried also using Firebug in Firefox to see if its something in the css that I can disable or such, and I haven’t come across anything affecting it. I am not really sure what is causing it, and afraid it could be something else.

I changed to a different chat client and it seems to be working correctly.
    Thanks!

nicolas89 Friend

position:relative; ?

hilfiger Friend

<em>@kmonty1978 193079 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes, that was my first thought. I first changed z-index to 100000 then to 1000000 within the css files, this was done to all the z-index vaules for cometchat in both the.css and rtl.css. I have tried also using Firebug in Firefox to see if its something in the css that I can disable or such, and I haven’t come across anything affecting it. I am not really sure what is causing it, and afraid it could be something else.

I changed to a different chat client and it seems to be working correctly.
    Thanks!</blockquote>

what chat client? i did try few and do not work

thanx

Manos Moderator

Which chat client did you use ?

hilfiger Friend

i did try JBolo today and dosnt work, it cuts out the slidershow in the contentmasstop, soon as u enable the css plugin

Manos Moderator

Sorry but at cometchat or JBolo they weren’t able to help you?

hilfiger Friend

Dont have cometchat, and dosnt work for anyone here so no point trying.

Jbolo works fine in any template except this, didnt try support as just tested, but most of the issues here are because of the template.

jmpi Friend

hi,

i have jbolo and cometchat and 123flashchat (yes i know alot).

jbolo + cometchat i didnt get them really on work on this template.

123flashchat has only a problem, that i cant choose kunena-colours anymore (everything else ok).
    with other templates it works fine (from JA)

hilfiger Friend

123flashchat is very expensive. I rather change template than buy that 🙂

jmpi Friend

if you have to insert code for one chat, try “header.php” in /blocks/

that works for javascript code 123webmessenger.

maybe it helps some ppl.

kmonty1978 Friend

I actually changed to arrowchat and had to modify the z-index on #arrowchat_base to get it to work for me. But that was before the update, and I ended up switching templates because of other issues that I did not like. There is so much on this template I just moved to a simpler template.

hilfiger Friend

Almost no component or module works propely on this template, dont know css so i am stuck with an unfinished website….

Got about 6 threads open, and no real answers from mods, but they answer realy fast when got critics…

I might move to a difrent template too, to bad the 7 days money back are gone 🙂

lpeet01 Friend

Try this, I use CometChat on my site. Also, I’m currently using JA Social with 30+ extensions with only one issue and the vendor is working on that now.

This works when the user logs in it will show the chat bar, when user logs out bar goes away.

Modify:
    plugins/system/jat3/base-themes/default/blocks/head.php

top of head.php
    <script src=”http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3.2/jquery.min.js”></script>
    <script>jqcc=jQuery.noConflict(true);</script>

bottom of head.php
    <?php
    $my =& JFactory::getUser();
    if (!empty($my->id)) {
    ?>
    <!– CometChat Footer Code Start –>
    <link type=”text/css” rel=”stylesheet” media=”all” href=”/cometchat/cometchatcss.php” charset=”utf-8″ />
    <script type=”text/javascript” src=”/cometchat/cometchatjs.php” charset=”utf-8″></script>
    <!– CometChat Footer Code End –>
    <?php
    }
    ?>

Note: This CometChat config is for JomSocial integration

Hope it helps

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  rlgonzalez50 13 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum