Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

When presenting a new site to a user he proposed to combine suckerfish and split menu. I have to say that this is no bad idea. Having split menu one doesn´t see whether submenu items exist unless clicking the first level items. Having suckerfish one has to move to the top item to see the hidden subitems.
    Is there an easy way to have a combination of both menu types? It would be like the split menu with the additional effect of the suckerfish on the main menu block.
    A new visitor would be able to just move over the menu items and get a good impression of the content structure via the suckerfish effect. If he decides to read a subitem page there would be the split-block visible and he could easily see all of the subitems.
    Am I clear enough? I have the impression that this shouldn´t be to hard to do. Any hints on how to start?
    Thanks in advance,

Bernhard

Khanh Le Moderator

It is good idea to combine these 2 menus. However, you will have to make modification on several files: index.php (to load 2 both menus), menu css.

dogtags Friend

Yes, this would be a cool feature 😀

fdevos Friend

Yes, I need that feature too?
    Any idea if and when it will be implemented?

bernhar Friend

I dont´t think that this will be implemented by the joomlart team. You would have to do it on your own.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bernhar 17 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum