Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I’m having problems with JA Purity II under Joomla 1.6.5

I believe this is from the JA template.

On my contacts page contacts are displayed with an unwanted numerical index first:

0 John Person President
    1 Susan Smith Vice President
    2 Harry Hudini Treasurer

But if I display the same page using the beez5 template
    It looks normal (notice the leading numerical index is not displayed)

John Person President
    Susan Smith Vice President
    Harry Hudini Treasurer

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rich

pritam Friend

Hello imrich ,

To com_contacts display of contacts contains a numerical index

Can you please send your admin access + FTP details at http://support.joomlart.com/index.php?/Tickets/Ticket/View/76915. So that we can help you better.

imrich Friend

I updated the ticket with the information.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
    Rich

imrich Friend

The template screen shot you attached is not the beez5 template, it is the JA Purity II template.

When I display my site using the beez5 template, the leading index numbers do not exist. I do this by adding ?template=beez5 to the end of my URL.

How do I remove the leading index number from the JA Purity II template? It’s not obvious to me. Perhaps I have a wrong setting?

I edited my support ticket to include an URL that demonstrates how it should look using beez5.

Also, could you please edit out the contact names from your previous post and not include a screen shot here?

Thanks for your help.
    Rich

pritam Friend

Hello imirch ,

I have checked your site . As you say before using the beez5 template

John Person President
    Harry Hudini Treasurer

when I have checked with beez5 template . It is showing numerical index .

adela01 Friend

In this regard I do not know, should not help you very much.

imrich Friend

<em>@pritam 254554 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello imirch ,

I have checked your site . As you say before using the beez5 template

John Person President
    Harry Hudini Treasurer

when I have checked with beez5 template . It is showing numerical index .</blockquote>

I don’t understand what you mean when you say:

when I have checked with beez5 template . It is showing numerical index .</blockquote>

I checked and it appears that you changed my default template to beez5, I truely appreciate your help but
    *** PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE DEFAULT TEMPLATE OF A LIVE SITE! ***

You did not see the issue by changing my default template to beez5 because my contacts menu item is set to use the JA Purity II template. So changing the default site template would not change it to use beez5. As I stated, to test the beez5 template, please add ?template=beez5 to the URL to see the results.

Because when I view the contacts page and add ?template=beez5 to the end of the URL it displays without the numerical index.

Please see my trouble ticket ( http://support.joomlart.com/index.php?/Tickets/Ticket/View/76915 ) for details on this URL that shows no numerical index in front of the contact names.

Thanks for your help!

imrich Friend

I did some digging into the source files and in the file:
    /public_html/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/html/com_contact/category/default_items.php

I found this code at line 95:

<td class="item-num">
    <?php echo $i; ?>
    </td>

Should this code be removed? It seems to be the source of the index numbers. I removed it and it seemed to solve the problem, but how can this be properly fixed in JAT3 source?

Is this code also related? If the item-num is removed at line 95, I wonder how this code earlier in the same file should be handled?:

<th class="item-num">
    <?php echo JText::_('JGLOBAL_NUM'); ?>
    </th>

pritam Friend

Hello imrich,

I have created a bug report to your issue . You can check the progress of issue being resolved at the link http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JATCTIIIVIIJOOMLAIVI-143

imrich Friend

<em>@pritam 254875 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello imrich,

I have created a bug report to your issue . You can check the progress of issue being resolved at the link http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JATCTIIIVIIJOOMLAIVI-143</blockquote>

I can’t seem to view this link, I revieve this error: “It seems that you have tried to perform an operation which you are not permitted to perform.”

Thanks for your help.

pritam Friend

Hello imrich ,

I have seen your site , Its looking that your issue has been solved .

imrich Friend

<em>@pritam 255348 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello imrich ,

I have seen your site , Its looking that your issue has been solved .</blockquote>

I worked around the issue by editing my local copy of the JAT3 file as I mentioned. However this still needs to be fixed in your JAT3 source file so that this will not occur again when the next update is released by you.

Thanks.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  imrich 12 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum