Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Running Joomla 1.5.10 with this theme unmodified. I can’t figure out how to get the different colored versions of it to work though.

In the template Manager, when I click on this theme, the option for Color Variation only shows a “Default” option. Is there somewhere else it’s supposed to be changed, or it supposed to be there and not working?

theprofessor Friend

Did you install with Quickstart?

conduciv Friend

No, I used the regular install since the site already had some content on it. It’s a new site that isn’t opened yet, but it did have articles in the database already.

theprofessor Friend

First check your template css files under folder ‘colors’ and see if the different themes are in there.

conduciv Friend

Yup, they are there, but they don’t show up in the Template CSS Editor.

conduciv Friend

*bump*

Anyone know why I can’t change theme colors?

questbg Friend

Hi conduciv

You need to edit the ‘JA News’ module via the Module Manager and tell it which section ID’s you want in which colours (open the module and put in your sections and colours on the right hand side in ”Category (Section) ID area).

For instance, my current setup looks like this:

13:red
    14:orange
    8:deepblue
    12:cyan
    5:green
    11:lime
    6:discounts

Whereby the number is the section ID (You can find this by going to Content –> Section Manager) an noting the ID number in the last column.

Simply put in the section ID number followed a colon and then the the colour name as per the colour CSS files.

Hope that helps
    Chris

questbg Friend

I’ll try to explain in more detail …

Take for instance one of my sections here:

The section is called ‘Area Focus’ and it has an ID number of 12. Therefore, if I edit the JA News module, I would put the following:

Re-save the module and reload the ‘Area Focus’ section on the front end. You can now see that it is indeed using the ‘Cyan’ colour scheme:

Just repeat that process for your sections. If you want different colours to the ones you already have, just copy the CSS files, rename them and change the hex colour code to whatever you would like.

Good luck!
    Chris

kachete Friend

Hi

In my case we want the main page when we enter te site the color must be red and not blue

So when the users enter the site the site defaul color is RED

Please some help here

Thanks in advace

questbg Friend

Hi kachete

In your case, this would mean editing the template.css file.

The current ‘blue’ colour of the site is #006699 so if you look for every instance of #006699 and replace it with a red colour (for example #E61624) then you should get the desired result.

Remember: always take a backup of any .css file before you start modifying!!!

Hope that helps
    Chris

armchairproductions Friend

Thanks for the help you have given above. One of my tabs doesn’t have a section ID because it links to the Kunena forum. Any idea how I can change the colour in this case, please?

Many thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  armchairproductions 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum