Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

I’ve installed the quickstart version of JA Mica on my local machine to develop a website (my first one, so I apologize if I have lots of stupid questions!). I’d like to change the default theme, but when I change and apply the color variation option in the template parameters nothing happens. I’ve reloaded the website in my browser, tried disabling page caching, etc. Other parameters are instantly changed but not this one. The only thing that I can think of is that I might have deleted a menu item that I no longer needed but I can’t see how this would affect choosing the theme.

Thanks once again for you help!

nguyenhuu quang Friend

1. Clean your browser cache. Press Ctrl + F5
    2. and /Or use another browser. Like firefox or Chrome

quickk Friend

I tried clearing my browser cache and it does not help. I’m already using firefox. I don’t think the problem lies with the browser as all other settings are immediately applied.

Grumpster Friend

This is an old thread, but I just had the same problem.

A common cause is that the params.ini file gets its file permissions changed to 555 after the first time you use the Template Manager to change the settings. This effectively locks out all template setting changes until you go into the template directory and manually change params.ini back to 644 or 755 so that you can write the changes to the template’s settings.

In my case, however, that wasn’t the problem, either. I was able to change the theme layout from “default” to “red” in the params.ini, but the change wasn’t happening on the site. A view of the index.php showed that the default.css was still being called in the head section.

I’m not exactly sure why, but only after I renamed the template’s folder name from ja_mica to something else, like just “mica”, did the theme color settings finally take effect. If you do this, you’ll have to go into the Template Manager and choose JA Mica as the default template again.

Perhaps if I had just set one of the other templates as the default, then changed back to JA Mica as the default template, that might have solved the problem too? Maybe! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Grumpster 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum