Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anyone know how to change the colours in this template? I’ve installed the 1.5 version, and everything is fine. I’ve now installed the Joomla 1.1 version and the colors just don’t want to change. I’ve tried the colour changer in the tools module, and I’ve been into the index.php file and followed the instruction for setting default colours. No matter what I do, the colour remains the same.

What I want is the Dark color. Unfortunately, there seems to be conflicting information on how the colors are specified. In the instructions it talks about the “Bluish” colour being the default, and red and green being optional colors. However, in the php file it talks about a “Default” color (which isn’t Blueish”) and gives Dark and Red as optional colours. There are also different index.php files for template variant’s which are in the folders js_rochea_sf and js_rochea_trans. My guess is that these templates are called into play depending on the menu type used, therefore, logic tells me that they all have to be changed.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. It would certainly help if the template instructions were consistent with the info in the php files!

Regards

Hendon.

Sherlock Friend

Hi hendon !
    You can do so by the following way:
    1. Go to admin >> template manager >> select JA Rochea .
    2. Select color in color select box.
    3. Go to Frontend , delete cookie and refresh to reload site.

Sherlock Friend

Hi hendon !
    You can do so by the following way:
    1. Go to admin >> template manager >> select JA Rochea .
    2. Select color in color select box.
    3. Go to Frontend , delete cookie and refresh to reload site.

hendon Friend

Thanks for the feedback. The inforomation relates to Joomla 1.5. In Joomla 1 installations there is no option to change colour in the admin area – it has to be done by modifying index.php.

However, I think I’ve solved the propblem – just don’t use the quick install for Joomla 1. The quick install package for this template seems to be missing the standard joomla templates, so its impossible to remove the faulty Rochea template until another template is installed and made the default. It’s then possible to remove the defective template and to reinstall the Rochea template installation package. This solves the problem.

Appreciate your response though. thanks.

Sherlock Friend

Great ! hendon . You are very active 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum