Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello!
    I have a 2-Part question.

1) I would like to change the background to black to match the upper images background s on the Home page. So, Mods/User 10,11,12 and 13 across the bottom I would like to make black to match uppers.

2) How the heck do I add in a read more link from the User 10 Mod and link it to an Article I just wrote? I created an NEW article and I want it linked from the home page. I understand how to add in a link using the HTML WYSIWYG editor but how do I know what or how to link to an internal Artical I just created? I’m having a major mind bubble on this!

Any help for either would be greatly appreciated, thanks! 🙂

Sherlock Friend

Hi sbaldwin !
    You try to do it following way below :
    Open template_css.css file in templatesjaquillajacss folder , find following code section at about line 902 :

#ja-wrapper {
    }

change to :

#ja-wrapper {
    background:#000000;
    }

continue :
    find following code section at bout line 1354 :

#ja-botslwrap {
    background: #F7EAE0;
    border-top: 1px solid #E3D1C3;
    }

change to :

#ja-botslwrap {
    background: #000000;
    border-top: 1px solid #E3D1C3;
    }

Sherlock Friend

About second question :
    User10 is custom html module. you can add link to it by way below :
    – You go to admin >> extensions >> module manager >> select user 10 module
    – You add link in editor at the bottom of the page.

sbaldwin Friend

Hi Hain84,
    How do I know what to put in for the link URL for a new article I just created? I understand how to use the editor add a link however I just don’t know what the Article URL is.
    Do I link to the ID number of the article or something? :confused:

Thank you for your help!

Sherlock Friend

Link to article has format : index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id= . You can view id in content manager.

sbaldwin Friend

Thanks Hainn84…your the best! Two last final questions and I should be all set to continue on my website!

1) How do I change a web page code to show only 1-Right Column or No-Right Columns on a page?

2) When I copy/paste information from a word document that someone sends me and put it into a new article using the Joomla WYSIWYG it does not look the same as what the template article looked like. I assume it is NOT keeping the CSS style. Have any suggestions so text etc. keeps the style of the orgininal template?

Thanks and this should all I need. I just could not find anything in the Users Guide about removing a column, thank for all your help!

Sherlock Friend

Hi sbaldwin !
    To display only 1 right column , you can do it following way below :
    – Go to admin >> extensions >> module manager
    – On select box position filter , you select “right”
    – List of right module display , you unpublish all right module.
    to display no right comlumn , you must go to all module , those display in right column then set for them don’t display on that page.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum