Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have my main-menu with dropdown submenus in all pages (see image)

In off-canvas the main-menu is “open”, showing all submenu items (see green arrows). Is it possible to have the menu items initially “closed” and, only after touch (on the blue main menu items, see orange arrow), display the respective submenu items?

For example, is it possible to have the off-canvas menu working in the same way as the default Bootstrap collapse navigation for main navigation on small screens?

Or something similar?

It wasn’t possible 18 months ago when i asked and was under review, just checking to see if this issue have been solved.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by  Richard A.

1. Off-Canvas-collapse-errors
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Richard,

In off-canvas position, it’s a Menu module and by default, it will show / hide depending on your settings in Menu module. To achieve that feature, it will require customization on CSS/JS, I recommend you to hide a developer to get it done for you.

Regards

Richard A Friend

Seriously?

You mean none of the settings in the ‘Off Canvas Effect’ in the Off Canvas Sidebar part of Add Ons in the Template admin area will produce what is a default for the Bootstrap version and has to be a custom fix?

I would have thought this would be a standard feature by now.

Is this because it is the Uber template or do any of the more recent templates allow it?

Saguaros Moderator

That effect is for how the off-canvas shows when you click to open. As I mentioned above, it’s just a default Menu module of Joomla to show list of menu items there. I will pass to the team for further consideration on updating style for this.

Richard A Friend

OK thank you Saguaros.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Richard A 6 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum