Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Dear Support and Members,

I am a developer of a web portal company. We utilize JA products mainly themes, components and Purchased Job Board as well.
    All our team members always recommend JA as the best template club. You save us a lot manpower and hours.

But as for me, I personally come across wordpress development background. Basically I only have basic MVC knowledge yet. This week, we held an internal meeting about optimizing our website as we do have visitors from low-speed connection.

So I had tried to do some usual optimization process.

1. I use cloudflare CDN to save bandwidth and to take the power of CDN. But once I use Cloudflare, the JA Tab and Mega menu doesn’t appear. I think it has some conflict but I have no clue where to touch in template.

2. I would like to split subdomains to serve images and static files. Let’s say, I shall put a CNAME to images.yoolay.com to serve all images and static.yoolay.com to all CSS and JS. I found http://www.nonumber.nl/extensions/cdnforjoomla to change all address but it doesn’t work to load gzip compressed datas.

3. I choose to combine and compress all JS and CSS but JA Tabs JS and CSS files are not combined. JA popup as well.

4. If we cannot use Cloudflare, we have rackspace cloudfile to serve through Akamai CDN. But I am not sure how can I achieve it because I do not know a CDN component. I found Amazon component in the club but Amazon do not reach fast to our Asia clients.

To conclude, I would like to achieve 3 things, (1) use subdomain for parallel downloading. (2) concat all javascript and css to reduce page request and js file at the bottom. (3) Which CDN ( Cloudflare / rackspace cloud file / maxcdn ) should we use with T3 framework? Thanks a lot. I know it is hard work but I hope you can help me clue out so that I can do our site better optimized speed.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  tntdev 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum