Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Hi All,
    using the Builder, we’re noticing this situation:
    we clone website, customizing all blocks and content for each websites.
    But, when we go in editing mode, the builder shows the block of the last installation instead of the new settings and content.
    I don’t know if there’s an ID or something that keep in memory the last settings, but we would like to understand how to avoid this situation.

Waiting for your kind reply, I wish you a good day,
    Dave

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Dave,

You can share the credentials of your website and let me know how you want it should be so I will check for you.

Regards

partnersolution Friend

Hi Saguaros,
    thank you for your answer.

It’s not a problem on one website, we face this thing in every project we done. And it’s not how we want the website to look like, but the problem lies when we go in editing in new projects: it seems to recall the last page built with the builder… That’s why I’ve thought the builder has a cache memory or an ID for every projects or something like dat, because it has happened even with a published website:
    we have to modify a text content of a website published days ago, and when we click the editing button, the builder ignores completely the graphic and blocks, showing the developing of another website we’re building.

So perhaps the question is, how to diversify and maintain websites distinct.

I hope you can understand and help,

thank you for your work,
    Daev

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Dave,

So could you clarify the steps by steps to replicate the issue? For example, how you clone your website? did you use the import / export feature of JA Builder for pages?

I will try to replicate from my end and see how it goes.

Regards

partnersolution Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Dave,

I see your point, could you also share the FTP account? I will try to investigate further.

partnersolution Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    partnersolution Friend

Hi Saguaros,
    …got news for us?

Thanks in advance,
    have a nice day,
    Dave

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Dave,

Somehow the ftp account doesn’t work, could you help to check again?

And there is new version of JA Builder available, you can try to take a backup of your site and update this latest version.

partnersolution Friend

Hi Saguaros,

ftp account data is correct, I’ve just tried to connect now and it works.

Which is the new builder version, the 6th? I’ve already installed it in another website and it behaves like the last one.

Let me understand, …we are the first facing this issue?

waiting for your reply,
    dave

Cristian Friend

I am also facing this issue after importing page data. I am now seeing Header and Footer from other sites.
    Dave, when you publish changes to the page, does it publish the content you see from the other sites?

Thanks!
    Cristian

1. EDIT-MODE
    2. FRONT-END

Cristian
    Digital Marketing Consultant

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

@ Dave:

• Backup the current page by exporting the current page to a file: http://prntscr.com/fm94lu
    • Use the Revisions feature in JA Builder to restore the working revision you did before:

Settings > Revisions > http://prntscr.com/fm953p > APPLY then edit + Publish that version.

And let me know how it goes.

@ Cristian: when you import data from another page, did you select to include header + footer from that page also? Pls create another topic and share the login info of your site so we will help you out.

Regards

partnersolution Friend

Hi Saguaros,

It seems I don’t see all those revision: look at the attached file.

What we can do? More over, we would like to understand what is happening, beacuse we face this issue even on other websites we’re developing.

@cristian: I face this issue when I go in editing mode: the builder shows the homepage of another website we’re developing, not the published one.

Thank you y’all,
    dave

1. revision
    Saguaros Moderator

It’s weird, could you login into the Builder first? (there is link on top left corner in edit page)

Cristian Friend

Hi, I selected header and footer but this export/import was performed almost a month ago. We completely changed header and footer after that import. All of a sudden, this week, I start seeing content from the old site.

I will create a new topic.

Thanks Dave and Saguaros. Hope this gets resolved soon! I have not published any changes to builder, fearing that the header and footer might get messed up with info from other site.

Cristian
    Digital Marketing Consultant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum