Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi gang,

On my website sonwau.com, for example when I am in a Section Blog layout page like sonwau.com/vijesti I’m getting the 404 – Resource not found when I click on the image of an article; however, when I click on the title of the article it will take me to the correct page.

When you inspect the image on that page, you can see that the SEF url is truncated:
    e.g. instead of

http://sonwau.com/vijesti/najnovije-vijesti/bosna-i-hercegovina/32085-qpremijeraq-filma-angeline-jolie-u-rs-u-stanu-prijedoranke-prikazan-qu-zemlji-krvi-i-medaq.html

you get

http://sonwau.com/vijesti/32085-qpremijeraq-filma-angeline-jolie-u-rs-u-stanu-prijedoranke-prikazan-qu-zemlji-krvi-i-medaq.html

It seems like a menu error (since najnovije-vijesti and bosna-i-hercegovina are both menu items in the default menu)…

I’ve checked and double checked the configuration.php and .htaccess, php rewrite is working fine (i’ve redirected to google, and the article title goes to the right place, so it seems it’s fine). Can someone point me in the right direction please? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Manos Moderator

Hi,

I have visited your website and i couldn’t reproduce the problem, also you have to be aware that your Website makes use of JA Teline IV a commercial product of JA and your profile doesn’t show that you are a paid member, please note that support is only for paid members.

Regards

saladdin19 Friend

<em>@pascm 300582 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I have visited your website and i couldn’t reproduce the problem,</blockquote>

Hmm, going to sonwau.com/vijesti and clicking on any of the *article* images on the left will result in 404, and clicking on the article title will take you to the correct article.

<blockquote> also you have to be aware that your Website makes use of JA Teline IV a commercial product of JA and your profile doesn’t show that you are a paid member, please note that support is only for paid members.
    </blockquote>

I do know that, this site was built for me by a developer. Separately, on other smaller sites, I have been using the JAT framework for a while though, I’m familiar with this community. Hopefully someone can still point me in the right direction please…

Manos Moderator

Try to disable the SEF urls and see if it’s working for you.

saladdin19 Friend

Yea, it works without SEF enabled. Toggling SEF didn’t help. I’m thinking it might have something to do with the fact that under the “vijesti” menu item, the sub-menu item is a separator, and under that are category blog layouts…that said, it doesn’t explain why the pictures link is the only one broken and not the article title link as well…time to dive into some code 😎

saladdin19 Friend

Alright, so I’ve been looking through several php files, specifically:

ja_teline_iv/html/com_content/section/blog_item.php
    components/com_content/views/section/tmpl/blog_item.php
    components/com_content/views/section/tmpl/blog.php

So far all of them don’t explicitly set the image url (they each do some variation of $this->item->urls for the article title though, which is working fine clearly). Pascm, can you point me to the file which is in charge of the image url? Any hint would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Manos Moderator

Those images are created on the fly by the ja thumbnail plugin so they are created on the same way every time that’s why i have asked you to disable friendly url’s and see if this solves the issue and if it does then probably a server related issue is involved.

Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Manos 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum