Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

I have a petty large website built on Teline III v2.

I post new articles frequently through out the day. To let the articles go live, I need to click “JAT3 Clean Cache” every time, otherwise the new articles won’t show up.

However, this site-wide cache clearing slows down the loading time for my old contents (99% of my website) because the caches for those old contents where wiped out.

Is there a way to update only the cache for the new articles (and the homepage) without rebuilding cache for the entire site?

Thanks.

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

You won’t have this headache with our latest version of Teline IV, even with Joomla’s own cache enabled.

Under Teline IV, once you clicked on “Save” to save your new article, all you need to see your new article appear on your front end is to click F5. It’s that simple.

What frustrates you from upgrading from III to IV?

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Alex

ceeyee Friend

<em>@alexsmirnov 437648 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there,

You won’t have this headache with our latest version of Teline IV, even with Joomla’s own cache enabled.

Under Teline IV, once you clicked on “Save” to save your new article, all you need to see your new article appear on your front end is to click F5. It’s that simple.

What frustrates you from upgrade from III to IV?

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Alex</blockquote>

Our website is well established with a lot of customization done, so it’s too late to upgrade to Teline IV.
    In addition, the style of Teline III fits our requirement better.

Is there a way to solve my original question under Teline III?
    Thank you.

Phill Moderator

<em>@ceeyee 437655 wrote:</em><blockquote>Our website is well established with a lot of customization done, so it’s too late to upgrade to Teline IV.
    In addition, the style of Teline III fits our requirement better.

Is there a way to solve my original question under Teline III?
    Thank you.</blockquote>

That is not the normal behaviour you are seeing. Do yo have the latest version of the jat3 plugin installed? What version of Joomla are you running?

ceeyee Friend

By “Normal Behaviour”, do you mean we should see the new articles posted (including in JA news feature & JA news pro) without clearing JAT3 cache?

My Joomla version is 2.5.22. I don’t know where to find the version number for the JAT3.

Thanks.

<em>@phill luckhurst 437828 wrote:</em><blockquote>That is not the normal behaviour you are seeing. Do yo have the latest version of the jat3 plugin installed? What version of Joomla are you running?</blockquote>

Phill Moderator

I will have to ask the devs on this one. I thnk maybe we should exclude the JA News Pro and JA Featured from the cache. I am certain that last time I used this template those elements did not require the clearing of the cache to update.

Nazario A Friend

@ceeyee,

Did you try to disable the Cache Mode in template manager in backend ?

1. Screenshot_71
    alexsmirnov Friend

@ceeyee ,

Phill Luckhurst was absolutely right. Our core developers looked into your issue and as a result raised a bug report. Please track its progress at http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAECPLGTIIIJOOMLAIVI-617.

Regards,

Alex

ceeyee Friend

<em>@Nazario A 437978 wrote:</em><blockquote>@ceeyee,

Did you try to disable the Cache Mode in template manager in backend ?
    </blockquote>

Cache Mode is Enabled in template manager, resulting in the issue in the first post.
    Thanks.

ceeyee Friend

<em>@alexsmirnov 437995 wrote:</em><blockquote>@ceeyee ,

Phill Luckhurst was absolutely right. Our core developers looked into your issue and as a result raised a bug report. Please track its progress at http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAECPLGTIIIJOOMLAIVI-617.

Regards,

Alex</blockquote>

Thank you so much.

alexsmirnov Friend

<em>@ceeyee 438048 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Cache Mode is Enabled in template manager, resulting in the issue in the first post.
    Thanks.
    </blockquote>

Kudos to Nazario! I am now marking this thread as solved.

@ceeyee,

Just a small tip, courtesy of Phill Luckhurst: you can still keep your Teline III template cache enabled but exclude Joomla articles from being cached, – just enter component=com_content in the “Cache Exclude”:

You can also find about it in the “System Setting” of our “Developer Guide for T3v2 Framework”.

Regards,

Alex

1. excluding_joomla_articles_from_teline_iii_cache
    ceeyee Friend

<em>@alexsmirnov 438078 wrote:</em><blockquote>Kudos to Nazario! I am now marking this thread as solved.

@ceeyee,

Just a small tip, courtesy of Phill Luckhurst: you can still keep your Teline III template cache enabled but exclude Joomla articles from being cached, – just enter component=com_content in the “Cache Exclude”:

You can also find about it in the “System Setting” of our “Developer Guide for T3v2 Framework”.

Regards,

Alex</blockquote>

Hi Alex,

What to put in “Cache Exclude” to also exclude JA News Pro and JA News Featured?

Thanks.

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

Our documentation states “Cache Exclude – Option” to exclude the cache feature for specific components or positions, but please play with

mod=mod_janews_featured,mod_newspro

on the same line with no space.

Please do let us know how it pans out for you.

Regards,

Alex

ceeyee Friend

<em>@alexsmirnov 438078 wrote:</em><blockquote>Kudos to Nazario! I am now marking this thread as solved.

@ceeyee,

Regards,

Alex</blockquote>

If I put “component=com_content” in “Cache Exclude”, does it mean that there will be no cache for any articles?
    Wouldn’t that make the site pretty much like in Development Mode where there is no cache site wide? After all, a Joomla site is 90% made up with articles right?

Phill Moderator

Not quite, most of the page will be cached apart from the text in the content area. You will still gain css and JS optimization and all the modules and the rest of the layout will be served up cached.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ceeyee 9 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum