Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I insert a image inside a article but that image doesn’t show in JA News Pro or in the JA Featured module. But the little image shows in the JA Bulletin module.

I did a clean install, install Teline IV as default and just install the JA modules, but still no luck.

Is there a right way to insert the images in the article?

I’ve attached the featured module parameters.

1. ja-news-featured
    thangnn1510 Friend

Please try to change permission of “/public_html/images/resized” to 777, that could help.

simczak Friend

Thanks thangnn1510. I did chmod 777 resized folder, but i think this is not the problem because after I insert the image in the article, the template automatically creates resized pictures in the resized folder.

But it seems that only JA Thumbnail are creating resized pictures, because the resized images are in the same format I set on the plugin, but not in the format I set on the JA featured module or in JA news PRO.

This two modules doesn’t create images in the resized folder. What could it be?

thangnn1510 Friend

Hi simczak!

The reason is that your articles don’t include images so they could not be displayed. I have tried to add an image and now it is shown well in JA Newspro.

http://www.novacana.com/

nawdin Friend

<em>@simczak 240256 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks thangnn1510. I did chmod 777 resized folder, but i think this is not the problem because after I insert the image in the article, the template automatically creates resized pictures in the resized folder.

But it seems that only JA Thumbnail are creating resized pictures, because the resized images are in the same format I set on the plugin, but not in the format I set on the JA featured module or in JA news PRO.

This two modules doesn’t create images in the resized folder. What could it be?</blockquote>

I have the same problem. /resized directory permission changed to 777 and the module set to show the images. Inside article has big image. but the images won’t show in both JA featured and JA News Pro modules. As you asked “What could be the problem?”

If anyone could help, would greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Aww! I use J1.6.3.

ar2solutions Friend

one problem i encountered was location…
    are your images local to the server or are they hyper links to images on the web?

for the resize function to work correctly, images MUST be local to the server!

hope this helps 🙂

simczak Friend

Nawdin, maybe your problem is exactly like mine. I misunderstand how this two modules work.

The fix for me:
    For this two JA modules show the images, you have to put the image in the intro text, not just in the full text. If you don’t insert the image in the intro text, it doesn’t show in JA featured or JA news pro.

Hope it helps.

nawdin Friend

<em>@ar2solutions 243246 wrote:</em><blockquote>one problem i encountered was location…
    are your images local to the server or are they hyper links to images on the web?

for the resize function to work correctly, images MUST be local to the server!
    hope this helps :)</blockquote>

Hi ar2solutions, Thanks for suggestion. the images are local on the server, not the external links.

<em>@simczak 243267 wrote:</em><blockquote>Nawdin, maybe your problem is exactly like mine. I misunderstand how this two modules work.

The fix for me:
    For this two JA modules show the images, you have to put the image in the intro text, not just in the full text. If you don’t insert the image in the intro text, it doesn’t show in JA featured or JA news pro.

Hope it helps.</blockquote>
    Hi simczak,
    That’s did the trick. Now images are shown. But it doesn’t make sense that we need to put our pics in intro text in every articles. The module should be able to detect images in articles and pull from there. I think JA team should add this function in future release.

Cheer!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  nawdin 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum