Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

The post by Hung: Credits Redemption for JA membership

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/credits-redemption-for-ja-membership/

was very thorough, but there are still some issues that needed clarifications. It does clarify what sort of “rewards” you get with certain credits:

From now on, you can request to redeem
    1800 credits for 6 Months JA Standard Membership
    3000 credits for 1 year JA Standard Membership

3500 credits for 6 Months JA Developer Membership.
    6000 credits for 1 Year JA Developer Membership.

Clarifications:

1. Standard Membership
    If a licensed member cummulates enogh points for 6 Months JA Standard Membership and redeems it, does the cummulation of credits start from zero?
    Related question:
    What if the redemption was for 1800 credits to play safe — ensuring not to lose credit in case the customer might not reach the next hurdle 3000 credits for full year.
    However, if the customer, in actually cummulates enough points to total 3000 before the expiration of original membership (mine for example kicks in on 3 August 2008), can the customer request a review to be considered for a full year credit redemption. In other words:
    With the early credit redemption, Joomlart may take either of this policy:

More generous policy:
    Total credits before expiration of licensed membership (in the example give): 3100 credits total qualifies a year extension of Standard Membership for the added period from 4 August 2008 — 3 August 2009

Less generous policy
    Early redemption: 1800 credits => additional 6 months Standard Membership
    additional 1300 (see example above for a total of 3100 credits)
    In a more stringent policy the extra credits earned by customer (while totalling 3100) before the expiration of original membership on 3 August 2008 will not qualify for a full year Standard Membership because the customer opted for early redemption of credits.

I hope I explained the clarification clearly enough. I should point out that this is more for other customers. It does not refer to my own situation because I have more than enough I think already, assuming I read the policies correctly.

Other privileges that goes with the credits.

Apart from the extension in membership, does the customer also enjoy the other perks that goes with the extension of Standard Membership? What are these perks? and will it include more allowed domain name licenses

So one with an existing Standard Membership can jump to a Developer Membership judt by accumulating enough points, provided the customer is still an active (licensed) member during the cummulation?

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

So one with an existing Standard Membership, a customer can jump to a Developer Membership just by accumulating enough points, provided the customer is still an active (licensed) member during the cummulation?

Other privileges that goes with the upgrade to Developer Membership.

Apart from the extension and upgrade to Developer Membership, does the customer also enjoy the other perks that goes with the extension and upgrade to Developer Membership?

The Sales FAQ spells out the perks when someone registers for a one year Developer Membership. However, there is no listing of the perks commensurate for six (6) months Developer Membership.

What will be the difference in the perks between:

six (6) months Developer Membership
    one (1) year Developer Membership

Thanks.

Cornelio

questbg Friend

Quick question … how are credits earned and how many credits per ‘function’?

It seems I’ve already gained a few credits just for contributing to a thread? Also, do I receive ‘credit’ for ‘Thanking’ people, or for being ‘Thanked’ by people?

Is there a list anywhere on forum of how many credits can be won by what actions?

Thanks
    Chris

tempusserbia Friend

<em>@questbg 58425 wrote:</em><blockquote>Quick question … how are credits earned and how many credits per ‘function’?

It seems I’ve already gained a few credits just for contributing to a thread? Also, do I receive ‘credit’ for ‘Thanking’ people, or for being ‘Thanked’ by people?

Is there a list anywhere on forum of how many credits can be won by what actions?

Thanks
    Chris</blockquote>

Introducing ‘Thanks’ button and Credits system

questbg Friend

Thanks … just what I was looking for!!

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@questbg 58425 wrote:</em><blockquote>Quick question … how are credits earned and how many credits per ‘function’?

Thanks
    Chris</blockquote>

Hi Chris,

Apart from the one posted by tempusserbia, the definitive and more comprehensive link to answer many of your questions would be that of Hung also (cited in the original post of this thread):

Credits Redemption for JA membership

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/credits-redemption-for-ja-membership/

I am not sure about the “Thanking people”, I do not think so, because then it could be abused. I have seen cases where people are being “Thanked” by others, just for placing a one liner comment to a generic post. And, I am not sure if it was a reciprocity for a Thank you, from the other person too, in some other posting. The potential abuse, if that were the case would be a:

Mutual “Thank you” society — a quid pro quo, so to speak.:)

In practice, I thank people for responding and use the Thank you button sparingly when the response led to a solution to my question, or the issue posed.

I like to believe that decent people would be grateful when they are helped, and will express so. But, my own bias is that apart from the dictates of proper ethiquete, there should be no credits because of a potential abuse, as I explained above.

The heart of the credits system, aside from the postings itself, is for being ‘Thanked’ by people but only if customers use the official Thank you icon to thank you. Otherwise, they are not credited. I am thanked in private, as well as in public, but many are not using the official Thank you icon so that I do not get any credit for those. In fact, I got quite a number of thanks before I was away from Joomlart since early February, but my total credits was zero for the “Thanked” portion.

I am ambivalent about the whole giving credits to Thank you’s in general, but I understand why it was a very good strategy for Joomlart. If it led to more people participating and giving useful tips — then so much the better.

My main focus when I post about my own questions or issues is to get some answers, or help those who experienced the same issues (problems), I had when I was starting.

As you can see, there is no official response to this post yet.

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

I sent an email to support two days ago, on this one, and still no official response to the email and here.

Cornelio

tempusserbia Friend

Just be patient my friend, just be patient 🙂

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@tempusserbia 58826 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just be patient my friend, just be patient :)</blockquote>

Hi tempusserbia,

One week and not official response. Yet. I read some post, when one of the customers borders accusing Joomlart of “derilection of duties”, to put it mildly and euphemistically, the abusive person gets prompt and many responses. I guess shouting foul seems to be a trigger.

Cornelio

TomC Moderator

Personally, I don’t see what is so confusing about the points policy . . . you redeem the points you’ve earned for the “reward” indicated. When you redeem your points, it’s like spending them and, as such, your points are depleted accordingly. To earn more points, you participate more on the Community Board.

Pretty simple, actually.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 59464 wrote:</em><blockquote>Personally, I don’t see what is so confusing about the points policy . . . you redeem the points you’ve earned for the “reward” indicated. When you redeem your points, it’s like spending them and, as such, your points are depleted accordingly. To earn more points, you participate more on the Community Board.

Pretty simple, actually.</blockquote>

Tom,

No one will argue with you that what you stated is obvious. (see Note below) Someone who did get that need to reconsider whether they should even be making websites. If you read the original post, what I was asking was beyond was stated there already.

A case in point to repeat what I stated above already. One of the redemption possibilities is 6 month JA Developer membership. My eyes are very bad, but I do not recall reading anywhere about Joomlart defining what privileges goes with 6-month JA Developer membership, although they defined for 1-year h JA Developer membership. If you found a link for privileges goes with 6-month JA Developer membership, please be sure to share.

That is just one example.

The point though is that we can even agree on what is, and what is not part of the privileges. However, we are both members — not the rule makers. Until they say so, all we are doing are pure speculations.

Cornelio

Here’s a note from the site on

Banking and Loans

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/credits.php?do=banking

“Minimum savings of 500 Credits required for 3.5% interest every 30 days. Deposits require pending time of 1 days before interest accrues, or a 5.0% early withdrawal fee applies. Deposits may be moderated. Maximum savings of 5,000 Credits allowed. Transaction fee of 0.2% applies on all transfers.”

So, if the maximum credit is 5,000, how can a member be allowed to get a 1-year JA Developer membership, which requires 6,000?

TomC Moderator

<em>@cgc0202 59521 wrote:</em><blockquote>Tom,
    A case in point to repeat what I stated above already. One of the redemption possibilities is 6 month JA Developer membership. My eyes are very bad, but I do not recall reading anywhere about Joomlart defining what privileges goes with 6-month JA Developer membership, although they defined for 1-year h JA Developer membership. If you found a link for privileges goes with 6-month JA Developer membership, please be sure to share. [/quote]
    Would it not stand to simple logic that the terms would be the same as the one-year Developer membership – only for six months ?

shackbase Friend

cgc0202;59521So, if the maximum credit is 5,000, how can a member be allowed to get a 1-year JA Developer membership, which requires 6,000?

The 5000 limit is toward the savings account (to accrue interest) – your checking account does not have a limit by evidence that there are a ton of people with 30-40k credits listed under their usernames.

–Tone

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  shackbase 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum