Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I’ve just seen the demo of the ‘released’ Seleni … come on JA … this just can not be a serious template release?

Nothing new here at all (again, third month running), and the worst layout I’ve EVER seen from a JA template, plus, even though this is supposed to be a Quickstart, the errors are unforgivable in a released product, for example:

‘Most View’ – either ‘Most Viewed’ or ‘Most Read’ please

and

‘Lastest News’ should be ‘Latest News’.

Chris

jay973 Friend

It looks like all the vauxite style front end customization goodies have gone too since the mock up was shown. :((

bennitos Friend

Hello Chris,

I believe everyone should be able to express their opinions, for when you think something is good but also for when you believe something is bad.

JA can only benifit when users say they dont like a template and even more if they do it like you do and tell them what they dont like and why they dont like it. Problems can never be solved if no-one dares to say them out loud.

There will be always be pro JA people who will jump in and disagree with you but i hope that wont stop you from expressing your opinion.

I know you are always helpful in this forum and have good knowhow regarding websites because of that i value your opinion even more and i hope JA will do the same.

Ben

TomC Moderator

Of course everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and should be encouraged to do so . . . however, criticism should ALWAYS be in a constructive and respectful manner. “Got to be a joke” hardly fits the bill in this regard. Comment on the elements you do not like, offer suggestions for improvements, identify bugs – all constructive . . . .

questbgNothing new here at all (again, third month running), and the worst layout I’ve EVER seen from a JA template …

. . . not constructive and, in fact, not generally accurate outside of Chris’ personal opinion. I, for one (although a bit frustrated with the delivery schedule), very much like he Kyanite template . . . as do a great many other members (as evidenced by their comments expressing such).

Sorry you don’t like this particular template release, Chris. Truth be told, it’s not something I think I would use either. Nevertheless, it may be just what the doctor ordered for someone else – we always have to try to remember that. 😎

amilks Friend

I have to say that this is not the best template I have ever seen, in fact I would venture as far as to say that it’s one of the worst. This is not a BIG deal since everyone has to have a worst template, but I too am seeing a pattern in quality.

When I first purchased my personal license it was because I COULD NOT DO WITHOUT the template designs. Sulfur was the template that made me buy. I then purchased the developer’s license and I have not seen anything extraordinary since then. I like Halite, I think Kyanite it nice, and have not had a real use for Teline III but could see a use in the future, BUT none of them are dazzling. None of them impress me to the point of “gotta have it”. AND, given the last few template I think everyone was really looking for a stunner.

I will not mention competitors names, but I cringe to think of what the “other”developer I passed up for Joomlart.com has developed this month. This is not meant to slander or bash anyone, it is just meant to give a heads up. At this point I would doubt I would renew this subscription, at least not at the developer level.

Change my mind!

wiery Friend

In a way I think this release is kind of a weak attempt to put something out. I thought they went to one template a month so they could make better templates and focus on having less bugs. Over the past couple months it really doesn’t seem like this is the way Joomlart is headed. I’m not saying that I dislike this template or any of the ones recently released but it doesn’t seem they tried very hard creatively to produce this one in my opinion.

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Okay … I must agree. I was expecting more based on the “mockup” image we were able to view earlier in the month. However, I still think this template has a place in the Joomlart stable.

To me…it should have been called “Teline III – Optimized – Mobile – Pretty”. And if looked in that light, then i can see it as part of a natural progression in making the Teline III template more useful outside of “News Magazine” properties. (It looks terrific, by the way, on my Droid.)

But here’s my biggest disappointment: It doesn’t appear to have the full functionality of Teline III. In the mockup there were icons on the FrontPage Section headings that gave the impression we would be able to do the vertical horizontal drag to reorder them. And the same in the right column…and possibly be able to reorder them horizontally as well…now THAT would be awesome.

I also noticed in the mockup the main menu tab for “Forum” which caused my pulse to quicken as well. But again, I apparently read too much into the mockup.

So again, I think this template has a place…perhaps not a “breakthrough” in terms of new features…but it is a nice new combination of features that I believe will be useful to members…especially those who have been saying, “I like Teline III, but I don’t have a use for it…”

And if we can ramp up the features in this template that are standard now in Teline III…then we’ve got something.

Thank you for your work.
    John.

Hung Dinh Friend

Thanks Chris & everyone comments

I myself not so “satisfied” with this template, however, supposing I am a member of JoomlArt, I would not expect all templates released must make me happy or must be useful to me.

<blockquote>Hello Chris,

I believe everyone should be able to express their opinions, for when you think something is good but also for when you believe something is bad.

JA can only benifit when users say they dont like a template and even more if they do it like you do and tell them what they dont like and why they dont like it. Problems can never be solved if no-one dares to say them out loud.

There will be always be pro JA people who will jump in and disagree with you but i hope that wont stop you from expressing your opinion.

I know you are always helpful in this forum and have good knowhow regarding websites because of that i value your opinion even more and i hope JA will do the same.

Ben
    </blockquote>
    <blockquote>Of course everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and should be encouraged to do so . . . however, criticism should ALWAYS be in a constructive and respectful manner. “Got to be a joke” hardly fits the bill in this regard. Comment on the elements you do not like, offer suggestions for improvements, identify bugs – all constructive . . . .</blockquote>

Thanks Ben & Tom for pointing out how a review/comment should be made. Everyone has the right to like or dislike a template and express how they feel, but let’s make comments & review constructive.

We always listen to comments but over frustrated about a design that you can’t use won’t be accepted in forums .
    Therefore I have changed the thread title to “comments & review” and removed some unfriendly part of Chris post.

@chris: It is nothing personal, please understand that forum should also be friendly & fun.

wiery Friend

<em>@bennitos 154855 wrote:</em><blockquote>

Ben</blockquote>

I guess on this forum he can’t express his opinions when pro JA people disagree. Wow. Censorship at its best… I’m still pro JA but I didn’t think his post needed to be altered. :confused:

TomC Moderator

wiery;154872I guess on this forum he can’t express his opinions when pro JA people disagree. Wow. Censorship at its best…

Once again, it’s about CONSTRUCTIVE criticism – not hurling “this template is a joke” type commentary. You don’t have to like or be able to use every single template that is released . . . but if one is going to offer criticism, then why is it such a problem for one to do so CONSTRUCTIVELY? Point out weaknesses where you believe them to be, offer up suggestions for improvement, identify and report bugs if you find them – but do so in a courteous and respectful manner . . . is this really such a difficult concept or expectation to grasp?

Its not abut censorship in any way, shape or form – it’s about maintaining a level of mutual courtesy and respect for one another . . . on ALL levels.

wiery Friend

I agree with the CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and grasp the concept completely but it is definitely censorship when someone voices their opinion, be it constructive or not, and then to have a higher authority change what that person said.

define censorship

I realize JA is just trying to keep things the way they want them here but users voicing their dislike for certain templates should be respected just as much as users that post about liking certain templates. And… isn’t that what a forum is all about? A place to discuss online, regardless if you agree or disagree with what a person has posted. The only posts that should be censored are spam or posts that would break the terms of service of this website. But I guess JA will do what they see fit. It is their website after all.

I respect what Hung did by changing what Chris posted only because it is his website. I also respected what Chris posted. I didn’t completely agree with it 100% but I respect how he feels and what he said. I saw no need to change the title just because he said this template has “Got to be a joke”. That is how he felt and I would imagine a lot of other people who have paid for a membership to JA are starting to feel the same way.

I really hope Joomlart doesn’t start changing every post that has something negative in it.

Hung Dinh Friend

Thanks Tom,
    I think we should now close this thread seeing things are getting out of the templates discussion into “how to comment” which won’t help to make the template look better,:P

jay973;154850It looks like all the vauxite style front end customization goodies have gone too since the mock up was shown. :((

Please see the explanation at this thread

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 14 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum