Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m using Teline IV and wondering if there’s a way to have the content area span the full width of the page. I have disabled all the modules that show up in the right sidebar (right, right2, col-mass-top, etc) so there are none there, but the content won’t stretch to fill that empty space.

Is there any way to make it so that the content will automatically stretch the full width when there are no sidebar modules present?

Thanks!

khoand Friend

Hi,
    You replace this code from /plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/css/layout.css

.main {
    width: 980px;
    max-width: 1200px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    position: relative;
    }

with

.main {
    width: 1500px!important;
    max-width: 1200px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    position: relative;
    }

miworkshop Friend

Thanks for your reply!

That seemed to change the main width of the whole container…but the content area still does not stretch the whole way across. It looks like it’s stuck inside a div with class item-page? I can change that width in the CSS…but then I don’t want to change it for all the pages where the content area isnt supposed to stretch all the way across.

khoand Friend

Could you give me a link to your website and a snapshot with your annotation to illustrate your idea?

miworkshop Friend

OK Do you mind if I send that to you in a private message?

khoand Friend

You do it, please.

khoand Friend

You remove this code from /templates/ja_teline_iv/css/template.css

#ja-content-main {
    width: 628px;
    }

frioman Friend

This is the same thing I’m trying to do. I want to allow the content area to spread across the entire width only on those pages without an extention in Col mass top, col mass bot, or Sl2 (I think). Basically if nothing is on the right side, I’d I need to allow JomSocial to spread across the entire page because out of the box, Teline content area isn’t wide enough.

Are the instructions with the code above intended to solve this? Thank you.

Fernando

Sherlock Friend

<blockquote>
    Are the instructions with the code above intended to solve this? Thank you. </blockquote>

You can try it, I think it should help 🙂

frioman Friend

I searched in template.css for
    #ja-content-main {
    width: 628px;
    }
    but this does not exist?

Fernando

Sherlock Friend

Hi frioman,

Can you share with me the url where the issue is being seen ? I have installed a demo of teline_iv try to unpublished at the module positions as you mentioned and I am seeing the content-area filled that space 🙂

frioman Friend

Do you mind if I send you a PM that includes login info and a link?

Fernando

Sherlock Friend

<em>@frioman 332478 wrote:</em><blockquote>Do you mind if I send you a PM that includes login info and a link?</blockquote>

Okay you can do that but I think you should disable the modules yourself so i can see directly the problem 🙂

frioman Friend

I made certain no modules are assigned to column mass top, column mass bottom, right1, right2, SLr, but there is still a blank gray space as if modules are occupying the space?

1. iframe-wrapper-width

Fernando

Sherlock Friend

Hi Frioman,

you could go to your template back-end >> LAYOUTS tab, there you go to edit the default layout and remove those block tags

<block name=”right-mass-top”>col-mass-top</block>
    <block name=”right-mass-bottom”>col-mass-bot</block>
    <block name=”inset1″>left</block>
    <block name=”right1″>right1</block>
    <block name=”right2″>right2</block>

That would help to remove those modules at the sides and get the content section fill out the whole area,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  frioman 11 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum