Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Need some help – I installed Quickstart for JA Rave so my site looks like the demo. I am trying to change “Welcome to Ja Rave” title on the front page. I can’t find anything in any of the modules or Plug-in Extensions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Steve Moreland
    CEO, Intexch Solutions

gray Friend

Have you looked at the menu options of the home (default) menu item?
    There is a config “Page Title” in “Parameters (System)” tab on the right when you are editing a menu item.

golfvilla Friend

Thank you but I am not talking about the page title. Right under, “Today’s Headlines” and beside, “Main Menu” is a tab title, “Welcome to JA Rave.” I apologize for not being more clear on my question.

khoand Friend

Hi,
    Change Page Display Options–>Page Heading of Home menu in Menu Manager

gray Friend

I found only one string in languageen-GBen-GB.tpl_ja_rave.ini
    HOME PAGE TITLE=Welcome to Ja Rave

Try to change this, I think it’ll help.

golfvilla Friend

Thank you gray!! How did you find it?

Note: It makes it very frutstring as a developer trying to get a handle on Joomla! as a RAD (RAPID Application Development) to have to edit files several levels deep just to change a tag heading!

gray Friend

How I found it. First, I opened the sql sample data file from quickinstall installationsqlmysqlsample_data.sql and searched for “Welcome to JA” (case-insensitive search). No luck. Then I extracted the front language folder and searched it for the same phrase. And here you are 🙂

Phill Moderator

A simple way of searching for language strings such as this in windows would be to first extract the quickstart to a folder on your desktop then use the fantastic wingrep available free from here – http://www.wingrep.com/

If you are on a linux system you have the grep command built in so even easier.

techvenue Friend

Has there been any changes in Rave since 2/2011? These suggestions don’t match up with my present day quickstart situation – I find no instances of this string “Welcome to Ja Rave” in any files and now wonder if it is in the sql database somehow?

Please advise – my client is asking me what this thing is doing smack in the middle of the home page – thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  techvenue 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum