Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

As you know one of the attractive feature of this template is the black background at top, contrasting with the white at the bottom.

I am trying to change this black at the top to blue, it should be a simple task but as I am new to joomla, can anybody point me where to edit this?

I go to template manager and edit this template, is it some sort of .css file that I need to edit?
    Thanks!

gustele Friend

Yes, you should change the css.
    If you need the blue over the full width of the template then you could add the following code to the template.css (add these to the end of the file):
    #ja-header {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #0000FF;
    }

If you just want the blue over the width of the content then you should add the following code to the template.css:
    #ja-header .main {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #0000FF;
    }

In both cases the color is pure blue. Change the color to your liking.

Regards, John

PS. If you want to do more customization you better create a separate theme (new directory in themes directory) with in that directory a css-directory for your css-customizations, a html-directory in case you need to change the behaviour of the php-code and an image-directory for your custom images). In the root of that new directory should be an info.xml file with the name of your new theme.

ttoleung Friend

actually i have done this by changing ~/templates/ja_minisite/images/bdg_body.gif to a different colour…
    thanks for the help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ttoleung 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum