Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Is it possible to change the spacing/padding (whichever term is correct in this case) around the respective menu items in the Main Navigation horizontal menu (just below the header)?

In other words, I want to try and lessen the space between the respective menu items and the graphical dividers within the menu itself (i.e. the padding around the menu items).

I have gone through the template.css.css file and have tried to tweak what I thought was the correct area, but it never made a difference. I’m thinking I’m not going about it correctly (if it can be done at all), so I am hoping someone might have a fix and/or can lead me in the right direction.

Thank You !!!

TOM

TomC Moderator

Anyone ??

:-[

instantinlaw Friend

Hi
    I am a newbie at CSS but I took a look myself and I am thinking what you are looking for is in the ja_cssmenu folder. I will play around with it and see if I can figure it out.

instantinlaw Friend

Well I got that all wrong.

If you are using the default menu (#1 Split Menu)

# Choose your prefer Menu Type
    $ja_menutype = 1; // 1: Split Menu; 2: Son of Suckerfish Dropdown Menu; 3: Transmenu; 4: Script Dropline Menu;

Open ja-splitmenu.css and search for

#ja-splitmenu a {
    float: left;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 8px 20px 7px;
    display: block;
    color: #484848;
    background: url(../images/mainnav-sep.gif) no-repeat top right;
    text-decoration: none;
    }

and change it to

#ja-splitmenu a {
    float: left;
    margin: 0;
    display: block;
    color: #484848;
    background: url(../images/mainnav-sep.gif) no-repeat top right;
    text-decoration: none;
    padding-top: 8px;
    padding-right: 10px;
    padding-bottom: 7px;
    padding-left: 10px;
    }

or make padding-right and padding-left what ever size you want.

If you are using one of the other menus the code should be the same or similar and the CSS will be in thier respective folders.

Good Luck!

TomC Moderator

You are truly my Joomla/Xenia HERO !!!

THANK YOU …. again.

😀

instantinlaw Friend

Always glad to help out.:)

lulubug Friend

I just also wanted to say thanks, my site has a long main menu and I was starting to stress about how to get everything in! You have been a BIG help 🙂

instantinlaw Friend

No Problem.
    Good luck with your site.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum