Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

It seems that I can’t add the rotating banner to the Registration page for my new site:

https://www.playershealthclub.com/beta/component/user/register

I’ve added it as a menu item and deleted the menu item in the Rotating Banner module, but it still won’t change.

Also, it doesn’t appear that I can change the registration component’s look and feel (text changes, color changes, etc), even though I’ve looked at the component itself in dreamweaver.

Help?

Thanks!
    AJR

Manos Moderator

Hi,

You are referring to the slideshow module or something else ?

Regards

Manos

khoand Friend

<em>@antonr 266307 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi all,

It seems that I can’t add the rotating banner to the Registration page for my new site:

I’ve added it as a menu item and deleted the menu item in the Rotating Banner module, but it still won’t change.

Also, it doesn’t appear that I can change the registration component’s look and feel (text changes, color changes, etc), even though I’ve looked at the component itself in dreamweaver.

Help?

Thanks!
    AJR</blockquote>
    Hi,
    You delete all of files of /cache and /t3-assets directory.

antonr Friend

Hello Hellenic new friend,

I’m using mod_jw_ajaxhr (it’s an ajax banner rotator) in the Video position of the template, but I can’t get any of my banners using this module to show up for on the “register” component page:

I’m also wondering how difficult it is to modify the component with some of my own text…like adding a sentence or two.

Σας ευχαριστούμε πάρα πολύ!
    Anton

Manos Moderator

Hi Anton,

If you need to add some sentence to the registration module (without touching any db saves) then i guess it wont be that difficult, if you need more i will suggest the use of a form compo you can find some here – >http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/contacts-and-feedback/forms

And for this ajax banner rotator did you try a different module position ?

Regards

Manos

antonr Friend

Hi Manos,

I tried the rotating banner in a number of positions (user 1, banner, slideshow) and it didn’t work.

I also looked at the default.php file in components > com_user > views > register > tmpl and it doesn’t seem like this is the right file to change either the look/feel (black boxes, text color, etc) or to add more sentences.

Appreciating the help!
    Anton

Manos Moderator

Hi Anton,

I can try if you provide me with some temp admin user info (via PM ) . For the registration module you can check on template overwirtes (/templates/your-template/html )

Regards

Manos

antonr Friend

Tried that already…deleted caches and T3 cache.

Didn’t work.

>:(

Manos Moderator

Hi Anton,

Your registration page (component/user/register) has no menu item assigned so you can only see any other module published if you publish one on ALL menus (it’s joomla way). ( I can see you have created a new menu for Registration but i couldn’t find it on your site, published)

And for registrations you are using K2 register module so this is the one you should try to modify and add what ever you need to add.

Regards

Manos

antonr Friend

Whoa…weird. So you can see the menu item, but it isn’t assigned. Thought I did that directly.

Thanks for the head’s up! I’ll look into these.

Manos Moderator

You are welcome! 🙂

I will be glad to see your site when you are 100% ready to show it to our community !

Here is the proper section -> SOTM Competition & Member Showcase

Regards

Manos

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Manos 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum