Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi I am wondering where we can change the code for the favicon. We want to use instead of the existing

However we are unable to locate where the code is being called from, usually this is from the head block include on most templates.

Please can you advise on the location. After extracting the entire template and using notepadd++ to search for favicon, the only result that I found was via the templateDetails.xml file.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You have not need to check the code , just replace the favicon file in the template folder with your fav icon .
    Here is doc : https://docs.joomla.org/changing_the_site_favicon

ether1 Friend

Hi Panjak,

this is the obvious answer which of course we have tried, also cleared our browser cache and also closed the web browser and re-opened. The old favicon is still showing.

Usually the type attribute we have always used is the type mentioned in our previous message i.e. <link rel="icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

However the type attribute for this favicon is type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" – please advise how we can change the code accordingly.

ether1 Friend

Hi Panjak, nevermind i found a reference in your link to the directory containing the file. Thanks regards Nick

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

You are welcome !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum