Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi!

I am Fred, living in Normandy, France and webmaster of the site http://www.sahavre.fr/ for our astronomy association.

I’m using a classic JE Purity 2 template with very little modification because I like simplicity.

However, on the photo gallery pages, I would like to change the white background by a dark grey background :

http://www.sahavre.fr/photos/ciel-profond

I know how to do that for all the website, but not for a page in particular. I could make a copy of the template and alter it to a dark one, but this would be server’s space consumming. I’m pretty sure there is a better solution. Does anyone have an idea ?

Note that I am not very fluent in HTML/CSS language… so generic solutions like the one explained here does’nt mean anything to me !

Best regards

Fred

fred_76 Friend

Here is a picture showing on the top part the white background that is already shown on my website, and on the 2nd half the appearance I would like to get on the gallery pages only.

Fred

1. sahavre
    fred_76 Friend

By the way, I’m using
    – Joomla version 2.5.7
    – JA Purity II version 1.2.0
    – JA T3 Framework 1.3.1

I am (almost) up to date with Joomla (2.5.7 io 2.5.8), but I don’t know how to update JA Purity and JA T3 to a newer version (I don’t even know if it is possible).

Fred

fred_76 Friend

… I really feel alone with my question. I guess very few people is interested in Joomlart Purity template…

I tried to implement the change in background color by setting a special class to the page in the Menu > Menu Item > Page Display Options > Page Class property.

But it does not change anything. I don’t know with css file I need to modify to get the background in the proper color…

I tried to modify :

• /plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/css/template.css
    • /templates/ja_purity_ii/css/template.css

by adding a :

body#bdmyclass { background: #000 color: #333 }

Then I have put ” bdmyclass” in the Page Class property, but it does not change anything.

I really don’t know how to do what I need… :((

Fred

Saguaros Moderator

Dear Fred,

You’re in right direction with adding Page Class

As I can see from your site, you added Page Class named: bddark, right?

Please open file: /templates/ja_purity_ii/css/template.css add this class:

.bodybddark #ja-container{
    background-color: your_color_here;
    }

or you can set an image as background like the template’s using now:
    background: url(../images/container-bg.gif) repeat-x top #fff
    and change to your own image.

Once done, clean JAT3 cache and refresh your site.

fred_76 Friend

I received the same answer from another (french) Joomla forum, and it works.

Many thanks for your help.

Fred

Saguaros Moderator

You are welcome 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 11 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum