Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I feel like i’m going crazy trying to change the logo on the template. It’s been three hours now, I’ve read all the other forum posts regarding changing the logo, and it’s not working, so I’m asking for help.

I’ve edited countless template css files and replaced all logo.png files that I can find but nothing is changing the logo on my ja_university template. I’ve worked with a dozen Joomlart templates and I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong.

I’m using the theme in grey but have uploaded logo and template edits to pretty much all of the theme colour folders that I can find… Caching is disabled. History cleared. What am I doing wrong?

TomC Moderator

So that we can understand what it is you are wanting to try to accomplish, can you provide a mock-up screenshot of how you want your logo to display on your site?

contentcounts Friend

new logo here

I guess what I really need to know is where the location of the applicable template.css and logo.png files are because I’m not editing the correct ones. 😉

1. swappingoutlogoskillsgarden-issue
    2. logo
    TomC Moderator

When I brought up your site, I see your “Skills Garden” logo displayed prominently.

Are you not seeing your own logo?

Have you tried clearing your browser cache – as well as the JAT3 cache within your site admin?

contentcounts Friend

Caching is disabled. I’ve cleared both Internet Explorer and Chrome browsers of history. I didn’t realize there was a separate JAT3 cache, I don’t see an option to clear that. Can you screen cap what you see?

TomC Moderator

it’s generally up on the top right side of your site administration

contentcounts Friend

The logo on the front end needs to be my replacement logo, not the University logo…

contentcounts Friend

I noticed that if I remove logo code from one of the template using firebug, it looks the way it should, but i can’t find the correct file to edit either way.

1. Capture-NOW
    2. Capture-SHOULDBE
    TomC Moderator

The first one (line 99) is within the “grey theme” specific CSS, or /templates/ja_university/themes/grey/css/template.css

The second (line 952) is the general template CSS, or /templates/ja_university/css/template.css

Try using just the second one

contentcounts Friend

I’ve tried that but it’s not working. I don’t think the template paths shown in firebug or the right ones.

TomC Moderator

What version of the template are you using?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@contentcounts 415672 wrote:</em><blockquote>I noticed that if I remove logo code from one of the template using firebug, it looks the way it should, but i can’t find the correct file to edit either way.

</blockquote>

It seems you have figured out way to change the logo, I see your site is working fine now.

1. ja_university
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum