Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Please help,
    I want to change the font to Porcelain in the main Nav bar, could you direct me in the right direction.

Regards,
    Reders

bernhar Friend

Hi Reders,

are you talking about the menu items that are now using Georgia as font? What is Porcelain?

Bernhard

reders Friend

Hi Bernhard,
    Yes I want to change the font Georgia and use the font called Porcelain.

Regards,
    Reders.

bernhar Friend

Hmm, my first proposal would be: forget the idea!
    Why? Nobody would see your font because it depends on it being installed in the users system which is unlikely.

reders Friend

Is it not possible to install the font into the website??
    Also whilst I am on the subject of the main menu, where abouts in the .css file do I change the colour of the drop down from green??

Many Thanks

Reders

bernhar Friend

Yes, you are right! Every font shown on a website depends on the fonts installed on the visitors system. Suppose there is no Arial-font on the visitors system the browser would use another font. This is one reason for the fact that you always find only a limited number of fonts on websites. One way of avoiding this limitation would be to make images instead of using just text.
    This is not a template nor a joomla specialty.

reders Friend

Hi Bernhard,
    Thanks for the quick reply. Is it possible to use images for buttons in joomla?? I’ve installed a few joomla sites now and this is not something I’ve come across.

Reders

bernhar Friend

As far as I know it is not possible to have dynamic images for menu items in joomla. You have to code this funcionality yourself. In Typo3 it is possible without further modification. Maybe there is a plugin/module for joomla that does this. Search the extension directory please.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bernhar 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum