Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi, I’m trying to change the font colour of our breadcrumbs to make them more visible.

I’ve been trying to work out which code to change in template.css but I can’t seem to work out which section it is.

I’m not 100% confident with it so didn’t want to just start changing stuff with a “Trial & Error” approach.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I’m using the JA Bistro template.

swissa Friend

rodsdogs

I always recommend that people work on a dev site and do regular backups – which can be transferred once the site is built to the main directory. That way you CAN ‘Trial & Error’ without the risk. 😉

You need to look for the following code

.ja-breadcrums {

• float: left;
    • margin-top: 2px;
    • width: 80%;

}

and there you can add a color: mycolor; at the end. If you post the url then we can see the exact place.

Hope that helps.

rodsdogs Friend

Thanks for the tip about the backup. We’ve started to doing that now.

I’ve been looking for the code and all I could find was

/* Breadcrumbs ---*/
    #ja-navhelper .main { padding: 0 0 0 60px; }

#ja-navhelper .main-inner1 {
    background: #111
    border-bottom: 1px solid #332D28
    color: #999
    padding: 5px 0 5px 20px;
    line-height: 10px;

I’m not sure it’s the right code as when I make a change nothing on the site changes. :((

swissa Friend

can you post a url?

rodsdogs Friend
    swissa Friend

You need to set optimize css to off so that I can find the right code

plus I can’t see the breadcumbs – is the module published on every page?

rodsdogs Friend

Ahh.. I’ve got a feeling the colour is staying the same as what I’m calling “Breadcrumbs” isn’t the “Breadcrumbs Module”.

I was meaning the navigation menu items across the top of page. Home, Create and account etc.

Sorry about that, it’s probably a completely different (obvious) part of the template.css

I’ll have a look around for the code.

swissa Friend

OK, but you still need to go to Template Manager and set optimise css to off please.

do you want a background on the menü or just the text with a bolder colour?

rodsdogs Friend

Just turned off Optimsed CSS.

We were thinking that we’d like he text a bolder colour (black) and possibly larger. Sorry for all the (probably) simple questions. We’re very new to Joomla and having a tricky time getting the template to work the way we want. :confused:

swissa Friend

If you are new to joomla my biggest recommendation is to download akeeba backup and use it! It will save you having to start from scratch if anything goes wrong.

2nd you should always build off on a dev site i.e. dev.mobileappsforlearning.com – that way you can test updates, changes etc without affecting a live site.

ok, you need to go to /css/menu/mega.css at line 52 and add both the color line and the font size if you want those. you can play with them to get your desired look.

.ja-megamenu ul.level0 li.mega span.menu-title {
    display: block;
    color: black;
    font-size: 15px;
    }

Hope that helps!

rodsdogs Friend

Sure does! Thanks for helping out.

I’ll speak to the other guys about backing up and pass on the recommendations.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rodsdogs 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum