Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

I am trying to change the default color for JA Ores (the 1.6 version). I have gone into the template manager for JA Ores – Profiles tab – and chosen “Light-Blue”, then scrolled down to Theme Settings and changed it to “Light-Blue”. Lastly, I clicked on “Save”.

However, the changes are not being saved when reviewing the site and refreshing the browser. I also changed to a different browser to see if the change had taken affect and it had not.

Can you please tell me the correct process to change the default color of the template. I would like to change it from the “dark” default color to the “light-blue” color.

Thanks
    Arthur

Nick R JA JobBoard

Hi Arthur

Did you tried to clean JA T3 cache as well? Do other changes at the Theme setting work?

Cheers
    Nick

arthurrs Friend

Yes, I have done the JA T3 Clean Cache and it still does not hold the changes to the profile, even though I receive the “T3 cache is cleaned” message. I haven’t done any other changes since this is the first time I’ve started to work with the template. However, changing it to one of the other available color profile options doesn’t seem to work either.

Arthur

Nick R JA JobBoard

Hmm, did you tried “Enable Development Mode” in Global settings (theme manager)?
    Does any other change work like changing the menu system?
    Just for testing…

Cheers
    Nick

arthurrs Friend

Yes. The “Enable Development Mode” is set to “Yes”. I have made two changes to the template. I disabled the “Hotnews” module and disabled all of the CPanel settings to remove it from the page. Both of these changes were saved.

Thanks for your questions and suggestions
    Arthur

Nick R JA JobBoard

Well, than im done with my ideas… Thought it could be a permission problem if the other changes won’t be saved.
    Maybe someone with a greater knowledge can help you further 🙂

Cheers
    Nick

arthurrs Friend

Thanks for you help. Hopefully someone has an answer to this. I really appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

Arthur

Phill Moderator

In the global settings tab you also need to select whatever profile you wish to use. Look at the “Profile Override Settings” and select the profile you want to use in the dropdown in the “Profiles” column. Save your settings and clear the jat3 cache and you should be good to go. In some cases you may also need to clear your cookies and browser cache.

arthurrs Friend

Hi Phill, thanks for the instructions. However, I must be missing something. Please help me. Below, is listed what I see on the screen and what I have done.

1. I go to Template Manager : Edit Style

In the “Details” section, it says that the “Style Name” is “JA_Ores-Default”.

You mention go to the Global settings and select the profile. On the “Global” tab, there are 2 sections: 1) System Settings (Enable Developer Mode) and 2) CSS & Javascript Compress Section.

2. On the “Profiles” tab, the first section lists the template style choices. I selected “Light-Blue”, which brings up a drop-down box that gives 2 choices. The first choice is “Clone”, the second choice is “Reset to Default”. I have used both options with no results. Finally, I chose “Light-Blue” only.

3. The next sections underneath “Profiles” are:
    Global Settings
    Google Font API Settings
    Menu Settings
    User Tools
    Advanced Settings
    Theme Settings: Here I selected “Light-Blue” and placed a check mark in the box on the far right column.
    Layout Settings

I saved the settings. Performed the JAT3 Clean Cache process and received a message that said “T3 Cache is cleaned”. Lastly, I cleaned the browser cache and cookies for all browsers on 3 different computers.

After doing all of this, the settings still did not appear when accessing the site on 3 different computers. Do you have any other suggestions or am I missing something.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.
    Arthur

Phill Moderator

Please could you PM me an admin logon so I can take a look for you?

arthurrs Friend

Phill, I have PM’ed you a login. Thanks again for your help!

Arthur

arthurrs Friend

Phill, I PM’ed you a login to the site. Thanks for your assistance.

Arthur

Phill Moderator

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for your PM. It was a simple change (I hadn’t realised you were using J1.6 as the layout of the manager is different). On the template manager you have a window on the right called “Page Assignments”. This is great feature allowing you to assign different template profiles to different pages. Simply clicking the text in the profiles column will give you a list of all the profiles you can select. I have set this to light blue for you. You can use it in many ways. For instance, some might not want only modules and no content on the homepage so you would create a profile for that then assign it to just the homepage in the Page Assignments settings. It does confuse at first but take time to learn it and you will I am sure come up with some great ideas for your site.

arthurrs Friend

Hi Phill

Thanks so much for teaching me this. I saw the “Page Assignments” section, but didn’t understand what it was to be used for. While I have you, can you tell me what the purpose is for the same selections under the “Profiles” tab? Lastly, do you know if there is any documentation being created for the JA Ores 1.6 template? If you don’t, that’s okay.

Again, thanks so much for your help. I was really getting perplexed by this one.

Arthur

Phill Moderator

The documentation for the 1.6 version should be very similar to the 1.5 version so I doubt it will be re-written but Hung does love to suprise us.

The settings in the Profiles tab are to setup and create the profiles. You can create as many profiles as you need there. Maybe you want a profile in green for one page, ping for another etc. The settings under Page Assignments tell Joomla what pages these profiles should be applied to.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

This topic contains 35 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  elmundo_news 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum