Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

I am now installing firefox to see whether it is my browser.

mj1256 Friend

jwellman, did you have the same idea?

it sounds like a server issue to me because of the nonwww and www issue, browser cache would not cause that to happen

lcristian Friend

What about another browser? Any luck? Try what jwellman said in FF.
    While others can’t reproduce (or they can?) your problems, might be your local problem.

jwellman, mj can you reproduce the problem stated by kanjart?

Sam Kanj Friend

I have tried FF and I still get the same problems. heheh This is so annoying. I have tried that code mj in the .htaccess file and to my limited knowledge I didnt notice any changes.

mj1256 Friend

I get an error message when I try the nonwww address.

Can you post your htaccess file, I did not take into consideration that you were in a subdirectory with my instructions

I still think a redirect will fix it.

or, I went thru this with a site yesterday, they used easydns and a cheap hosting company, and the nonwww didn’t work. It gave ne the same error until I added the redirect in the htaccess file.

this is a dns/server configuration issue.

lcristian Friend

As a last resort, try clearing the DNS cache.
    Right click on your network (systray) and choose Repair.
    I can’t think of any other thing that might help for now.

Later edit : One of his domains has this DNS problem but as far as I remember the real problem was with missing logo on both sites.
    See the first posts regarding this.

Sam Kanj Friend

Here is the .htaccess code I used

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^$
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^superb.com.au/Site$ [NC]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.superb.com.au/Site/$1 [R=301,L]

Im not sure if I did it correctly

mj1256 Friend

nice job, yeah, it looks good,

It could still be a dns configuration issue external to anything your doing on the site.

Sam Kanj Friend

THanks mj, the thing is, its not just occuring on this site, but on all sites.

mj1256 Friend

by all sites,do yo mean just your own sites, or any site you view?

are all of the sites on the same server/host?

if so, where are you hosted

jwellman Friend

I had this happen to one of the users on my forum. Whenever I made site changes she could not see the results. Sometimes it would take 2-3 weeks before she would see new images. She was so frustrated! I kept insisting that it was her internet provider. She finally switched and voila! Problem goneā€¦ I suggest calling your provider. Perhaps they can give you some insight or fix the problem all together!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jwellman 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum