Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I changed the black header (JA Newsflash) – make it shorter, but the problem I’m having now is I cannot click the link in left and right column at the top of it (it’s look like the layer of template is redundent).

Please help. Thanks.

BTW, this is my website
    http://kbf-tech.my

Thanks

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Hi! Here’s your easy fix:

THE CAUSE: – Believe it or not…it’s actually the content of the sliding module above those menus that is causing the problem.
    The content is too large…and pushing outside of the slider height parameter of 170 px. And that squeezing out is shoving invisible stuff over the menus below it so you can’t click on them.

THE SOLUTION – You can do one of two things….you can reduce the size of the content in the slider (primarily it’s the copy that’s extending to a second line)

Or you can increase the height of the slider…here’s how:

In the template.css file at line 880:
    Increase the “height:” attribute:

For instance go from this:

#ja-topsl {
    color:#FFFFFF;
    height:170px;
    position:relative;
    }

To this…this size will do the trick…though you might want to play around with it to get it to the perfect size.

#ja-topsl {
    height:250px;
    }

Hope that helps.
    John.

hamidon Friend

this is the actual one,before modification:

#ja-topsl {
    height:220px;
    }

I changed it to this:

#ja-topsl {
    height:170px;
    }

and the problem (as I mentioned above) occured.

And… after reading a post from ngioabcd at other thread, I noticed that we supposed to change the height of DIV through the modules configuration. The initial value is 300!!! After I changed this to 170, the layout is OK. 🙂 SO it’s not the template, it’s me that did not explore enough. :-[

John Wesley Brett Moderator

My bad…left off a setting. This will take care of the padding in the content area by increasing the left side to match the right.

template.css (line 566)

#ja-content div.ja-innerpad {
    padding:0pt 15px 0pt 15pt;
    }

And while we’re at it…here’s the padding for the footer

template.css (line 1072)

#ja-footer ul {
    line-height:normal;
    margin:0pt 10px;
    }

Have a good day.
    John.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John Wesley Brett 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum