Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I have forgotten how to change in the body title “Welcome to the front page” Can some one please help?

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Go to Main Menu, click on “Home” button, change it at Parameter.

teletrance Friend

Menu-main menu-Home-Parameters-Page title. Make sure you set to Yes Show Page Title

petrahk Friend

hmmm, I have the same problem. I did not forget, I know where to change (exactly as you described), but there is still WELCOME ON THE FRONTPAGE. I really do not know, how is it possible, but it is so :confused:
    Thank you for your help!

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Might sound silly but did you reset the joomla cache after setting up the option as stated by teletrance?

1. Clean Joomla Cache.
    2. Clean your browser cache.
    3. Use ctrl +F5 to force reload the page.

If you have made the changes as stated above by teletrance, then the changed title should reflect.

By the way, it is much more of Joomla question, template has nothing to do with it.

Let us know if you have solved your problem.

regards

petrahk Friend

It sounds really silly, but is there… I cleaned cache, browser cache, I reloaded the page – nothing helps. I am able to change names of ALL OTHER pages, but not name of HOME page. Strange…
    But thank you anyway… 🙂

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

M Not JA Support. But if you can provide backend access, i shall be happy to look at the problem.

If you are comfortable with it, you can PM me the login details. Step suggested by teletrance in the above posts should have done it. I tried it on my localhost and it worked.

petrahk Friend

Thank you for your reply. I am stil on localhost, maybe when I put it on web, it will work… :confused:
    It is not my first project I am working on. Never happened this to me before…. :confused:

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

You using Xampp or what for localhost development? Let us know after putting it on web. I am using xampp and could change the page title. For now you can blame your localhost for it. 😛 Ha ha.

petrahk Friend

yes, Xampp 2.5 😀

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

From where you got Xampp 2.5. The latest xampp is offering is 1.7 😛

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#641

Just curious to know 😛

petrahk Friend

Oh, sorry, it is Xampp Control Panel 2.5.
    The version of Xampp is 1.6.6. Sorry 😀

we2solutions Friend

<em>@mttech 119064 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have forgotten how to change in the body title “Welcome to the front page” Can some one please help?</blockquote>

Hi,

This link will help you

http://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_remove_or_change_the_%22Welcome_to_the_Frontpage%22_title%3F

thanks

petrahk Friend

Hi, I am already on the web and it works! Thank you for your help! Have a nice day!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  petrahk 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum