Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Change default view for masonry pages, from grid to list.

Is that possible?

Thank you

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    try this
    go to /html/com_content/category/masnorylyout.php file
    find this code

<a class="project-grid<?php echo $bloglayout!=1?' active':''?>" href="javascript:void(0)" data-option-value="masonry"><span><i class="fa fa-th-large"></i></span></a>
            <a class="project-list<?php echo $bloglayout==1?' active':''?>" href="javascript:void(0)" data-option-value="straightDown"><i class="fa fa fa-th-list"></i></a>

replace it with

<a class="project-list<?php echo $bloglayout==1?' active':''?>" href="javascript:void(0)" data-option-value="masonry"><i class="fa fa fa-th-list"></i></a>      
          <a class="project-grid<?php echo $bloglayout!=1?' active':''?>" href="javascript:void(0)" data-option-value="straightDown"><span><i class="fa fa-th-large"></i></span></a>

Let me know if it helps .

anatom09 Friend

This didnt work.

I had to use this as the second line:
    <a class="project-grid<?php echo $bloglayout!=1?”?>" href="javascript:void(0)" data-option-value="straightDown"><i class="fa fa-th-large">

I am not very familiar with php, what I did was delete the " active’:’ " . Is it wrong? It works

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Removing the 2nd line means you will not have option to switch the layout as you deleted option to switch in the grid view , Now you can see there is only one view for the layout .

anatom09 Friend

Maybe I did not explain it well.

I did not remove the second line. I replaced it with this:
    <a class="project-grid<?php echo $bloglayout!=1?”?>" href="javascript:void(0)" data-option-value="straightDown"><i class="fa fa-th-large">

So this was my final 2 lines:

<a class="project-list<?php echo $bloglayout==1?’ active’:”?>" href="javascript:void(0)" data-option-value="masonry"><i class="fa fa fa-th-list">

It works perfectly, but I dont know if technicaly it is correct. I simly removed the ‘active’ state between the questionmarks of the second line.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    removing active state means the view is not active in that time . You can also use this change on site .
    please take backup of original file before applying changes on core files .

anatom09 Friend

I still cant make this work…

Still the grid is default.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly post your site super user details , I will check and fix it on your site .

acusticambiente Friend

i have the same problem. how can i change default layout? i tryed the solutions above but it doesn’t work…

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

i have the same problem. how can i change default layout? i tryed the solutions above but it doesn’t work…

Hi could u open your own thread and add your site details in that , so that we can assist you better .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum