Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

how can i change the left module in it´s width ? i try to use your new template without the right module. but both of them together are to width, so how can i change the css-file for only have the left module with half of the width, without deleting the right block.

e.g. at the moment the size is 40% (left + right) and body is 60%. what can i change to see 20% to 80% ?

i hope you understand me ! sorry for my very bad english tonight – it´s near to christmas 😉

Happy christmas and a good start to 2008 !

THX Holger

Khanh Le Moderator

Hi Holger,

All JA templates are collapsible, mean if there’s no module in a position, that position is automatically disappeared.

In this case, if you want to use only 2 column: LEFT + MAIN, simply unpublish all modules in right position in your administrator.

heldholgi Friend

<em>@Khanh Le 35015 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Holger,

All JA templates are collapsible, mean if there’s no module in a position, that position is automatically disappeared.

In this case, if you want to use only 2 column: LEFT + MAIN, simply unpublish all modules in right position in your administrator.</blockquote>

Yes, I know, but my problem is the left module is to width. I have unpublished all right modules.
    I want the left module smaller so that the main module has more width.

Which sizes in the css-file i have to change ? i tried to change sizes (in %) in col1 and col2 without success.

You can look here

Thanks for help !

Holger

Menalto Friend

Find #ja-masscol line 913 and #ja-colwrap line 878 they are now set to 40%. change them to the width you want.
    Then find #ja-content on line 863, currently 60%, change that also to make the mainbody expand.
    You find all this in the template_css.css file.

heldholgi Friend

Hi Menalto,

that was it ! Thank you very much.

But one question i have, how can i change the size of the newsletter (ja_news-position) back to it´s original size (cause of the backgroundpicture and textarea) ?

heldholgi Friend

No one here how can help to solve the problem ?

what for css-entries i have to change to get back the original size of the top – user1 and user2 module ?
    or must there be more code ?

Thanks to all and i wish you a merry christmas !
    Holger

dashbrookins Friend

The modules are not resizing properly. View here: http://www.andaluslive.com/joomla/
    When I use say User 5 it will fill the entire width which I understand. When I use both User 5 and 6 it will fill 50% each which I also understand. But when I use 5, 6, and 7 it won’t resize the mods the way it does in the demo. It drops User 7 down below 5 and 6 and it looks horrible. Please advise.

marciello Friend

<em>@Khanh Le 35015 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Holger,

In this case, if you want to use only 2 column: LEFT + MAIN, simply unpublish all modules in right position in your administrator.</blockquote>

Hi,
    I don’t want to use the left or right columns. I’ve unpublished all the modules inside both columns. Unfortunately the columns did not collapse by themselves. Background of the columns still exists. I’ve tried to removed the columns in css file but then the most left top part (TOP) moved down. Anyone can help me out? Thanks

alexmnicholas Friend

<em>@heldholgi 35180 wrote:</em><blockquote>No one here how can help to solve the problem ?

what for css-entries i have to change to get back the original size of the top – user1 and user2 module ?
    or must there be more code ?

Thanks to all and i wish you a merry christmas !
    Holger</blockquote>
    Hi Holger – I am having the same problem.

Essentially I want to keep the top, user 1 and user 2 modules exactly as they appear in the demo. Then beneath these images, I want to remove the right module position and i would like the body module to expand to take the space of where the right module used to be. The left module remains the same and contains the menu.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks,
    Alex

sczhang Friend

where to find the css file? you mentioned?

sczhang Friend

I have the exact problem with User 5,6,7 Anyone help?

kashxo Friend

Could you guys please explain more details about the issue and what you expect it to be? I will help you solve this issue.

marciello Friend

<em>@kashxo 36890 wrote:</em><blockquote>Could you guys please explain more details about the issue and what you expect it to be? I will help you solve this issue.</blockquote>

Hi kashxo,
    Here is my problem. I want to use top module and either user 1 or user 2 (change few times but still don’t get the right position). The problem is, user 2 (or user 1) do not align with top module to the top or bottom. Furthermore, user 2 do not align with body to left side. You can view the current situation on http://singaporepropertyconsultants.com/

Hope you can help me out. Maybe my image size is not correct (I’ve tried few sizes) or maybe I need to adjust some line in the coding. Thanks

kashxo Friend

I have review your site but did found the right divs in the location for user1 or user2. Could you please PM me administrator account and I will try to fix it for you?

Have you modified any code in template?

kashxo Friend

The problem of marciello has been solved. If any of you guys still need an direct assistance, please click on the link in my signature and chat with me, thank you 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  kashxo 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum