Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi–

How do I change the ‘main site logo’ of Solarflare II from a dark, perforated image with Joomla! written over it to an image of my choice with text of my choice?

Can I do this without deleting the template and editing the contenthead file and re-importing?

Many thanks

Phil

Abjater Friend

🙂

The best way is to locate the header_short.jpg in the templates/(your set template)/images folder and to substitute it with the image of your choice.

I deleted the old header_short and saved the new one in it’s place, uploaded it and that was it.

alyson Friend

ok, I could change the name of my logo graphic, but what about those of us who have our own naming conventions? would someone please tell me where I change the name of the logo image file that is called?

I’m working with ja_mercury and the logo is called something like, logo-green.jpg and since, 1. I have an existing logo I want to use which is a different size and 2. I want to keep my naming conventions, I’d prefer to change the name in the css or index.php file.

thank you!

TomC Moderator

<em>@alyson 24727 wrote:</em><blockquote>ok, I could change the name of my logo graphic, but what about those of us who have our own naming conventions? would someone please tell me where I change the name of the logo image file that is called?

I’m working with ja_mercury and the logo is called something like, logo-green.jpg and since, 1. I have an existing logo I want to use which is a different size and 2. I want to keep my naming conventions, I’d prefer to change the name in the css or index.php file.

thank you!</blockquote>

In this case, all you would need to do is replace the original image file name with whatever image file name you created – either within the line of code within index.php or within the corresponding CSS rule (depending on what you’re trying to do). It’s actually very simple.

Good Luck …. Let us know if you’re still having problems.

TOM

alyson Friend

yes, thanks I did find a line of php code in index.php that called the image—since in this template there are 3 color themes and a color switcher—so I was able to make the change by replacing the php with a plain old image tag. this of course wouldn’t work if I was needing to use the color switcher tho.

guess I’d like to learn more about the php call if anyone would point me towards a tutorial or article that talks about php specifically wrt joomla.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  alyson 16 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum