Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

is it possible to position the helio logo on top of the site (even on top of the Breadcrump)?
    how to the change the logo pic to my personal logo pic?

also my parameter file „/templates/ja_helio/params.ini“ in the template menu say that it is writeprotected.

how to make that writeable?

is it because i´m just a JATC Standard Member?

thanks for your help!!!

chris

Hieu Nguyen Admin

🙂 thats not related your Member status.

You can browse your file use FTP, Cpanel, etc… and make that file writable CHMOD your file to 777

If your want to change default logo by your personal logo, you can replace the default logo with your new logo, by keeping the same name.

<blockquote>is it possible to position the helio logo on top of the site (even on top of the Breadcrump)?</blockquote>
    open index.php on your template path. Move from HTML comments BEGIN: MAIN NAVIGATIONEND: MAIN NAVIGATION to below END: HEADER

chrisreitz Friend

🙂 thanks again – the positional thing works great – was easy.

i´m surethe othertwo points as well – but i´m a joomla newbie and i don´t know the structur of the software at all.
    so please give me further information about the how to.

i created a new logo png. but which folder and where to upload? i did it under site-media menue. but there are just pics from the basic joomla. no “helio” template icons or pics and i have to overwrite the logo.gif, right?. so i think i m not in the right folder – but where is it???

i tried it under the extended installation menue… but you have to upload whole data packages, like i did with the template data before. so please be so kind give me a beginner tutorial how to change the logo.

(expecially i would use a png file instead of a gif – so i cannot easily just overwrite.)

to make the helio parameter file „/templates/ja_helio/params.ini” file writeable failed as well.
    you said i have to browse my file using ftp and CHMOD to 777.

where in the system (which menue?) do i have to do that? only menue i have found was the “extended installation menue” to upload ftp but i think i cant change anythimk there. what do you mean with CHMOD? does that mean “change mode”?

sorry but i arent a natute english speaker.

i think the main problem is that i dont know where all the helio data is located and to make the helio template params.ini writeable. but i can change the color and template width but not the logo text and slogan – seems not really logical to me.

thanks a lot in advance
    chris

anyhow

Ninja Lead Moderator

dear chrisreitz,
    1. first,about the logo, its location is “/templates/ja_helio/images/logo.gif”, the most simple way is to create another logo.gif and overwrite the current file,. But if you want to create another logo (logo.png), no prob just place it in /templates/ja_helio/images/ folder and make a little change in CSS: open /templates/ja_helio/css/template.css, line 873, change this:

h1.logo a {
    background: url("../images/logo.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    bottom: 10px;
    display: block;
    height: 50px;
    left: 0;
    position: absolute;
    width: 235px;
    }

to

h1.logo a {
    background: url("../images/logo.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    bottom: 10px;
    display: block;
    height: 50px;
    left: 0;
    position: absolute;
    width: 235px;
    }

2.CHMOD is a command of FTP, it lets you change the permission upon a file/folder, chmod a file to 0777 means that file will always be writable.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum