Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello, I am new to your templates and have searched the Villadi forum.

I would like place my “main menu” in the left module position of the Villadi template and use a different menu in the fixed “non-joomla module” position at the top of the page. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this?

I also notice that my menu items at the top of the page wrap to the next line. Is there any way to force these menu items on one line (other than reducing the amount of characters in each menu description)?

thanks!

Mike

Sherlock Friend

poppycards ! What version joomla do you use 1.0 or 1.5 ? and what menu type do you use ?
    with 1.0 you can do it by way :
    open menu file ( ja_cssmenu.php, ja_splitmenu.php, ja_transmenu.php) in templates/ja_villadi folder , find code line :

$japarams->set( 'menutype', 'mainmenu' );

change “mainmenu” to other menu name.

poppycards Friend

Thank you haain84! I am actually running Joomla 1.5.3, but based on your response, I found this parameter setting in the ja_vars.php file in the Villadi template folder. I made the change and it works!

Thanks for your help and hopefully this will help other Joomla 1.5 users.

Mike

P.S. To template developers, it would be nice to be able to configure the desired menu in the template parameters area in the adminstrator.

Sherlock Friend

poppycards ! you are very active;) !

dimitrak Friend

thanks both of you for this one… 😉
    saved me….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dimitrak 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum