Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I have Mendozite template and trying to change the logo to my own logo.
    Running on Joomla 32, WAMP, folder www/quickstart

I changed the logo.pgn in www/quickstart/templates/images to my own and removed the mendozite logo.
    However…….still see the mendozite logo on front end and not my own.

I am also new on Joomla and must admit that to me it seems completely rediculous how things work with joomla and open sources. You would expect a complete Tutorial on how your templates are adjustable especially as you pay
    for it at JoomlaArt or other – dump your services over the wall – companies.

Now I have the following hours spent for the following bullshit:
    Change a logo – 3 hours no solutions, difficult solutions.
    T3 that plugin does not work – 2 days; not any explanation works !
    How do you easy delete and insert other lay out/text boxes.

What about WSYG and just click on logo, click on delete, browse file, ok and Changed !!!!!
    Why the **** do you need to change logo.png files while even my oldest WSYG program called
    Coolpage (2002 !!!!) had the bloody option to just drag and drop your logo as in word file ?

Can anybody give me solution for the logo change in Mendozite and has anybody an idea why they
    complicate things so much in both Joomla and Mendozite (read template designers) while it actually
    is and could be utmost siimple ?

Sounds bloody rediculous that you have to ask how to change a stupid logo !

Nazario A Friend

@procurement,

For logo placement, please open file: /templates/ja_mendozite/css/template.css and find this code:

h1.logo a {
    background: url(../images/logo.png) no-repeat left;
    display: block;
    width: 329px;
    height: 35px;
    }

Replace with your new logo in red. Make sure you have your logo uploaded into /templates/ja_mendozite/images/ directory first.

Regarding your other questions below, please provide me with more details, I will check further:
    <blockquote>T3 that plugin does not work – 2 days; not any explanation works !
    How do you easy delete and insert other lay out/text boxes. </blockquote>

procurement Friend

Thanks ! Good to get answers here, but still bad that templates are delivered without a guideline for using them.
    I cannot understand this. We are forced to communicate on forums and wait for answers for solutions for every little thing.
    If you buy a television you would also be surprised if the manufacturer refers to their forum and don’t have a
    description how your television works only a flyer how great the product is………

Utmost inproductive and utmost reactive if you have to ask everything and every info is in one of the twenty answers to questions. Browse, read, not good, browse, not good, browse…..could be solution………end after a year and a year and
    a year………You spent all your time on the forum and the documentation you find in bits and pieces instead of in building
    yr website !

Joomla and Open sources would be twenty times better if they just start with making complete guidelines and not putting
    bits and pieces here and there !

TomC Moderator

<em>@procurement 408328 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks ! Good to get answers here, but still bad that templates are delivered without a guideline for using them.
    I cannot understand this. We are forced to communicate on forums and wait for answers for solutions for every little thing.
    If you buy a television you would also be surprised if the manufacturer refers to their forum and don’t have a
    description how your television works only a flyer how great the product is………</blockquote>

Perhaps you missed – or weren’t aware – of the JA MENDOZITE USER GUIDE

or the JAT3 USER GUIDE/DOCUMENTATION[/url]

SHoggard Friend

One reason for using .png files & not WSYG could be that many (most?) users prefer to have come control over the font, size or graphic used in the logo…. If you want more than basic standard fonts; a corporate identity or logo-type WSYG won’t do that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  SHoggard 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum