Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

hi, i want to ask why main menu in my website don’t have module for main menu but main menu still appear..
    because of this i cannot change the main menu modules to others language.

i already create 2 menus like MS and EN..and 2 module for this language..but the modules not function because the main menu still appears the default menu (EN)..

how to fix this problem?

pavit Moderator

Hi

You can read this documentation on how to setup a multilanguage site in Joomla.

aishahhb Friend

<em>@pavit 317365 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi

You can read this documentation on how to setup a multilanguage site in Joomla.</blockquote>

i already create like the tutorial..all content and others module change when i change the language but only main menu (position:hornav) not change..it still appear the default main menu…when i check the modules and i unpublish the module the main menu still appears…

pavit Moderator

You need to create a new main menu for every language then in your template manager create a new profile for your second language and in the menu settings choose as menu the new main menu created and in page assignment assign that profile to the items of your new menu

If you can send me a PM with your super user account i will do a new profile and a new menu for you as example so after you can check how is configured

aishahhb Friend

<em>@pavit 317397 wrote:</em><blockquote>You need to create a new main menu for every language then in your template manager create a new profile for your second language and in the menu settings choose as menu the new main menu created and in page assignment assign that profile to the items of your new menu

If you can send me a PM with your super user account i will do a new profile and a new menu for you as example so after you can check how is configured</blockquote>
    http://webcidb.econstruct.com.my/administrator/

pavit Moderator

Sorry i cannot save new profiles so you need to check all the permission on files and folders

If you check the system informations – Directory permissions Tab, you will see all in Red “Unwritable”

I have also edited this thread to remove your account details ( it’s not safe to leave it here )

Please fix the permissions issue and then i will try again to create a new profile

aishahhb Friend

can you explain for me how to create a new profile..
    what kind the permission issue that you mention? it’s permission in server or in joomla itself?

pavit Moderator

<em>@aishahhb 317541 wrote:</em><blockquote>can you explain for me how to create a new profile..
    what kind the permission issue that you mention? it’s permission in server or in joomla itself?</blockquote>

To create a new profile you need to go in Extensions — Template manager — Ja_Portfolio-Default — PROFILES Tab — click on the New icon on the right — assign a new name and in Menu Settings — Menu Type choose your second language main menu — then save it

When i have done this on your site i have noticed that the profile cannot be saved — and noticed also that your directories are marked in red unwritable — ( No permissions to write on them for your user ) so no possibilities to save your changes on the template

If you don’t know how to change permissions on folders or enable the ftp user ask your hosting provider to setup your environment for a joomla site.

After that you solved this permission issue you need to assign the new profile ( in the Language & Page Assignments of the template manager –Edit style ) to all the pages belonging to your second language menu ( click on “click to add” and choose your pages then on the right choose the new profile and click on save .

aishahhb Friend

ok..i try to create ( Extensions — Template manager — Ja_Portfolio-Default — PROFILES Tab — click on the New icon on the right — assign a new name) but i cannot change all type of setting in Standard Setting .

i already ask hosting provider but he said..the all permission already set chmod 755..:((

pavit Moderator

Send me via PM your ftp account details i will enable your ftp user from the backend

aishahhb Friend

i already enable(yes) FTP Settings at Site->Global Configuration->Server ->FTP Settings….you want the ftp account details to insert in this setting..right?

pavit Moderator

Yes please send me the ftp account details and your super user account for the Joomla administrator page

send me a PM

aishahhb Friend

i don’t have ftp account, ftp account usually created by admin in server..
    i don’t understand why you need the ftp account to add the new profile..can you explain if i want to create this website from my localhost..

sorry..i’m in process learning..that why i don’t know and always ask..

pavit Moderator

Look at this page it explains why sometimes is important to set up the ftp user account on joomla site

aishahhb Friend

<em>@pavit 317572 wrote:</em><blockquote>To create a new profile you need to go in Extensions — Template manager — Ja_Portfolio-Default — PROFILES Tab — click on the New icon on the right — assign a new name and in Menu Settings — Menu Type choose your second language main menu — then save it

After that you solved this permission issue you need to assign the new profile ( in the Language & Page Assignments of the template manager –Edit style ) to all the pages belonging to your second language menu ( click on “click to add” and choose your pages then on the right choose the new profile and click on save .</blockquote>

i try create based your tutorial..it success..the language at main menu change based on selected language but in bahasa melayu i cannot change the color theme..you can see this link http://webcidb.econstruct.com.my

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum