Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I would like to change the light template to a different color. It seems a daunting task, since I noticed a lot of image files associated with it. Is there a straightforward solution, or is sit o complicated I would need a designer? I might evern be okay with using the available cyan color for the light, but not quite sure how to do that.

Thanks

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Hi seacoast,

Changing colors in Zebrina is not a very difficult task. The difficult things is that you need to know how to edit the associated images with Photoshop, and, surely, you also need the eyes to find out which is the suitable colors theme for this template.

These are some recommended steps for you to do this task.

1. Create a new color theme from an existing theme.

– Open Zebrina’s index.php , find the following code:

# BEGIN: TEMPLATE CONFIGURATIONS ##########
    ####################################
    #support extra color themes
    $ja_color_themes = array('default', 'cyan', 'green', 'brick', 'light'); // You can add more color array if needed

then add your prefer color theme. I suppose your theme is “Red”, then the code should be:

# BEGIN: TEMPLATE CONFIGURATIONS ##########
    #support extra color themes
    $ja_color_themes = array('default', 'cyan', 'green', 'brick', 'light', 'red'); // You can add more color array if needed

– Go to the CSS folder, then duplicate “light.css” to “red.css

– Go to the Images folder, then duplicate “light” folder to “red” folder.

2. Now, you can edit the new theme.
    – Just take a look at the red.css (which you’ve just duplicated as the 1st step), then find all the following code: #F29A3E. It’s the orange color which you can see at the Light color theme of Zebrina. Change it to the color you like. Simply! 😉

– Now you need to change the Images Path in this CSS file. Just find all the following code: /images/light, then replace it with /images/red.

3. It’s ok, all you need to do now is editing the associated images.

– Tips: Just edit the images that have the original color. 😀

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
    Hieu Nguyen
    JoomlArt.com Team

nkitson Friend

<em>@Hieu Nguyen 6627 wrote:</em><blockquote>and surely, you also need the eyes to find out which is the suitable colors theme for this template.</blockquote>

Fully agree with you about needing the creative ‘eyes’ – some people have and others do not!

Many thanks for this post, a helpful summary and one that would be useful in your FAQs or possibly in a ‘Useful tips’ section.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nkitson 17 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum