Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

This is probably something really small that I am missing. How can I change the header text for the main com_content area on the frontpage to something other than Latest Reviews? Thanks.

tao2r Friend

I need to figure out how to change the heading “LATEST REVIEWS” too. Does anyone have a answer???

Saguaros Moderator

Hello all!

Pls let me know: Where do i find this text on your site, because i tried to find this one on demo, i could not find 🙁

Thanks

jccshoe Friend

When you look at the frontpage of the ja anion demo, it is the main content section in the middle. Going from top to bottom, there is the large rotating image slider, the editor pick below that that has 3 horizontal images and then below that there is the main content section that starts with an article about Avatar. That main section is titled “Latest Reviews”

reedmachines Friend

I have the same question, the text “latest reviews” is, I think, only in the quickstart version. Looks like a module title.

Saguaros Moderator

Thanks you, i found this, here is code rending this text which you can find in the templates/ja_anion/html/com_content/frontpage/default.php file:
    [PHP]
    <?php if ($this->params->get(‘show_page_title’,1)) : ?>

<h1 class=”componentheading<?php echo $this->escape($this->params->get(‘pageclass_sfx’)); ?>”>

<span><span><?php echo JText::_(‘HOME_PAGE_TITLE’) ?></span></span>

</h1>

<?php endif; ?>
    [/PHP]

pls translate this text in the language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_ja_anion.ini file , if you would like to disable this you choose “NO” for the Page Title” parameter of the module

Thanks

reedmachines Friend

I used the en-GB.ini file. There is no tpl_ja_anion.ini file in my language folder!
    In the en-GB file you find HOME_PAGE_TITLE=Latest Reviews on line 246

reedmachines Friend

what module is this?

Saguaros Moderator

Hello

This is a override title for front-page layout,
    you can translate

[PHP]

[/PHP]
    =>
    [PHP]

<span><span>MY TEXT</span></span>
    [/PHP]

treybraid Friend

Why in the world would you go and hard-code something like this in the template… makes no sense really…. I am glad I found this thread to resolve my issue… I just deleted the content which I’ve highlighted in green and that took care of the issue…

<h1 class=”componentheading<?php echo $this->escape($this->params->get(‘pageclass_sfx’)); ?>”>

</h1>

<?php endif; ?>

Trey

smitheringale Friend

I can give you a reason.

Lets say that you want your page title to be “City of La Grange Website – Americas Greatest Little City” and you want the text in the bit of anion to say “Latest Reviews” or simply “City of La Grange” – in that case this seems to work.

I’ve found with other Joomla templates you can either have a good title of the page and not have it displayed on the home page, or have it displayed on the home page but the title has to be really short and not ideal.

I think this is a very nice idea. I don’t know if it was the intention – but it works the way I want it. And to be honest it only takes a second to change it in the server control panel – but I agree, there should be some easier way of changing it through the admin panel if possible.

<em>@treybraid 190510 wrote:</em><blockquote>Why in the world would you go and hard-code something like this in the template… makes no sense really…. I am glad I found this thread to resolve my issue… I just deleted the content which I’ve highlighted in green and that took care of the issue…

</h1>

<?php endif; ?>

Trey</blockquote>

smitheringale Friend

trey, you can also put whatever you want between the spans, see in bold in your quote in this post

<em>@treybraid 190510 wrote:</em><blockquote>Why in the world would you go and hard-code something like this in the template… makes no sense really…. I am glad I found this thread to resolve my issue… I just deleted the content which I’ve highlighted in green and that took care of the issue…

<span><span>THIS IS THE TEXT I WANT TO DISPLAY INSTEAD OF LATEST REVIEWS</span></span>

</h1>

<?php endif; ?>

Trey</blockquote>

treybraid Friend

smitheringale– you’ve got a good point…
    thanks

trey

thungrac221 Friend

I find whoever design this template should make things easier, that is, disabling a module should not display it…going into the code is a HEADACHE!!! especially, those of us who don’t code well.

For instance…I SHOULD NOT have to dig in the code to remove “Latest Reviews” and I SHOULDN’T have to dig in the code to remove the “You are here:” either…these should all be done in the Modules manager.
    I hope it will be redesign, and the newer templates should follow the same design…no one should have to mess with the codes….

thungrac221 Friend

<em>@smitheringale 190517 wrote:</em><blockquote>I can give you a reason.

Lets say that you want your page title to be “City of La Grange Website – Americas Greatest Little City” and you want the text in the bit of anion to say “Latest Reviews” or simply “City of La Grange” – in that case this seems to work.

I’ve found with other Joomla templates you can either have a good title of the page and not have it displayed on the home page, or have it displayed on the home page but the title has to be really short and not ideal.

I think this is a very nice idea. I don’t know if it was the intention – but it works the way I want it. And to be honest it only takes a second to change it in the server control panel – but I agree, there should be some easier way of changing it through the admin panel if possible.</blockquote>

I completely disagree…that’s what parameters are for…no one should EVER have to go into the code if it’s just a simple change in the template as displaying it or not…if you’re making complex changes, I can see that you might have to go into the code, but everything else is but a placement of modules & displaying it or not; it’s ridiculous that I have to find the file & modify the code… this Latest Reviews & the breadcrumbs at the bottom… should be simple…display or NOT…gives me a HEADACHE that I have to find the code, delete & all that stuff….as of now, I still can’t get rid of “You are here:” at the bottom….disabling it doesn’t work…now I have to dig!!!! WASTE of TIME & NOT good planning or design at all…the whole purpose of Joomla to be simple…& the structure should be consistent…templates change—I get that…but the backbone shouldn’t—simple on/off or fill in the parameters should be enough!!!>:(

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  cybernun 13 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum