Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I use the template for joomla Lead
    I would like to use the body Frontpage, instead of Ja_News.
    I do not want to use the Ja_News

Thank

jamjodesign Friend

I am having the same issue – when I disable Ja-News no articles show on the frontpage at all – even when I set it up like any of the templates without JA-NEWS – you come to an answer yet?

This is extremely annoying as it makes the whole site useless without being able to switch off JA-NEWS. Well as I say I have switched it off and still no good 🙂

sugiarto Friend

Agree, I also want to use normal frontpage and dissable ja-news, everthing else in JA Lead is okay, but since can’t do that, I use another template.

jamjodesign Friend

I have edited this template significantly so therefore need to find a solution to just simply using the frontpage layout in place of JA-NEWS. Seems odd that you cannot just switch it off to be honest so I presume the fix is pretty simple when it is found.

jamjodesign Friend

I have submited this to joomlart without reply. Do they actually do support on these forums? I remember a time where they responded instantly to support requests but something as major as this not working on a template is kinda massive. I mean you cannot use this template without JA-News which means its pretty much redundant – but even ja-news does not work right so the whole template seems redundant – but maybe there is an easy fix. If so can someone post this because i think alot of people are bypassing this template for these reasons!!!

bennitos Friend

Did you submitted a ticket to the support center?

You can do that here:
    http://support.joomlart.com/

jamjodesign Friend

yes I have. twice and posted a number of times. Its a global issue with the entire template so it has to be fixed and re-released I presume.

bennitos Friend

I know the same was with other templates in the past see:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/normal-frontpage-instead-of-ja-news-blog/

Maybe its the same solution, worth the shot.

jamjodesign Friend

Thank you kindly – i will try this out and come back here with results.

regards,
    james

jamjodesign Friend

Yes this solution above does work. Thank you very much for taking the time to post this solution – it has helped massively. I do wish the JA-News module would work properly and have 2 lead articles but I dont think it does.

Regards,
    James

bennitos Friend

Think its a shame they did not respond to your requests for help, but im glad i been able to help you some

torepeng Friend

simple fix: comment out the if test in the PHP code.. for newbies – use # before the if.. Remember to put a # before endif also..

Edif file: index.php in ja_lead template.

[PHP]
    <?php #if(!$tmpTools->isFrontPage()) : ?>
    <div id=”ja-current-content” class=”clearfix”>
    <jdoc:include type=”component” />
    </div>
    <?php #endif; ?>
    [/PHP]

Jackie_chan Friend

<em>@torepeng 139006 wrote:</em><blockquote>simple fix: comment out the if test in the PHP code.. for newbies – use # before the if.. Remember to put a # before endif also..

Edif file: index.php in ja_lead template.

[PHP]
    <?php #if(!$tmpTools->isFrontPage()) : ?>
    <div id=”ja-current-content” class=”clearfix”>
    <jdoc:include type=”component” />
    </div>
    <?php #endif; ?>
    [/PHP]</blockquote>

I used this code, but it does not work. Or am I doing something wrong?

torepeng Friend

Strange.. the only thing the original code does, is to check if the page requested not is the front page. If it’s not the frontpage, it will show the component (the real content of a page) as normal. If it is the frontpage, the special news will be shown (the element we will remove).

try :

<div id="ja-current-content" class="clearfix">
    <jdoc:include type="component" />
    </div>

(yes – remove php code completely)

What happens? Do other pages work as normal?

You can also try to rename the directory com_frontpage (to com_frontpage_old) in the “templatesja_leadhtmlcom_content” directory. Then it uses the normal html code instead of the Joomlar special template..

Let me know how it goes.

Jackie_chan Friend

I have tried as you suggested, but it doesn’t work. What I see is only a title of one article that is supposed to be on frontpage.

Is there any simple way to make it as a normal template with Body module? Why don’t the developers reply to this problem?

:((

<em>@torepeng 142066 wrote:</em><blockquote>Strange.. the only thing the original code does, is to check if the page requested not is the front page. If it’s not the frontpage, it will show the component (the real content of a page) as normal. If it is the frontpage, the special news will be shown (the element we will remove).

try :

<div id="ja-current-content" class="clearfix">
    <jdoc:include type="component" />
    </div>

(yes – remove php code completely)

What happens? Do other pages work as normal?

You can also try to rename the directory com_frontpage (to com_frontpage_old) in the “templatesja_leadhtmlcom_content” directory. Then it uses the normal html code instead of the Joomlar special template..

Let me know how it goes.</blockquote>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Jackie_chan 14 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum